? relion micro meter reads HI what does it mean

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Julia Rae, Oct 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julia Rae

Julia Rae Well-Known Member

this is the first time I have encountered it.. so please someone tell me W.T.F

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Julia,

When meters read 'Hi' it means that the BG level is so high it's above the meter's capability to return a numeric result. If you get a 'Hi' reading and it's completely out of the ballpark compared to the typical trend of recent BG levels, it's good to do a second test to make sure that the first result wasn't due to a duff test strip.

Looking at the way numbers went yesterday, the 'Hi' reading might be due to a bounce.

(Sorry if I'm telling you stuff you already know here, it's all I can think of.)

Mogs

3. Julia Rae

Mogs.. it is always a good thing to get reminders. I did not even think of defective strip either so no worries and thanks for the 411

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

After looking at Magellan's spreadsheet ...something is DEF going on here.:eek: Maybe your strips are out of date???

Julia Rae likes this.
  5. Julia Rae

they are all brand new with ex dates of 22/11/30etested 2 more times and they said HI

6. jt and trouble (GA)

I'm surprised the numbers jumped so high. Any changes? any suspected bad teeth or infections?

7. jt and trouble (GA)

@Critter Mom would you look at this spreadsheet please?

8. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

I did earlier, Jeanne. As best I can judge, it looks like a bounce triggered by the long run of low numbers at the end of the PM cycle of 21 October and the beginning of the AM cycle of the 22 October.

Mogs

9. jt and trouble (GA)

Oh sorry :oops::oops::oops:

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.