Re-Homing Winston

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jenna N, Apr 28, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenna N

Jenna N New Member

Unfortunately I am looking to re-home my sweet sugar baby, Winston. I applaud each and every one of you who is able to handle taking care of diabetic cat. Unfortunately the stress of managing his health concerns has caused so much anxiety and has triggered more mental health concerns than I am able to handle. I am not able to continue to care for him and take care of myself. He is doing really well right now with the routine that I was able to establish since his diagnosis two months ago, but I will not be able to keep up for very much longer. He deserves to be in a good, loving home with someone who is better able to manage his health.

I am located in Idaho, but I am willing to travel to surrounding states and would consider flying if it is within reason. There aren't any shelters in my area that are able to take him and manage his diabetes and I have not been able to find any foster homes. If you know of any organizations that would be able to take him, please let me know.

I am not looking for any medical advice or for anyone to convince me to keep him. This has been an incredibly hard decision to make and I will not be changing my mind.

2. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

Hendrick Cuddleclaw Well-Known Member

are there other health concerns beyond the FD?

how old is he?

3. Jenna N

Jenna N New Member

There aren't any other health concerns other than diabetes at the moment. He was screened for a lot of different things when we got his initial diagnosis in March and has been closely monitored since.

I have only had him since January of this year. When I adopted him I was told that he was probably 3 years old. Three different vets that I have seen since adopting him have said that he is more likely 8 or 9 years old based off of his teeth, eyes and obviously the diabetes.

4. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

oh no, that sucks all around. What's his history, was he with the same owner his whole life prior to you or?

5. Jenna N

Jenna N New Member

The shelter told me that he was brought in as a stray, so I have no clear history. He obviously had a previous owner at some point because he was declawed and neutered already when I adopted him.

6. Hendrick Cuddleclaw

look at you trying to do the right thing and adopt a rescue, and this is how it turns out. Ugh

I am in NY and have six cats already, one of which is my sugar kittah Hendrick so...not an option here. There are members here who may know of resources though.

Jenna N likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

DCIN is already posting him.

9. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

11. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Can you tell us what is causing you the stress about caring for him? I realize that you want to re-home him, but we may be able to give you some advice that will make it easier for you until you are able to find an adopter for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.