Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little Bit’s Mom

Little Bit’s Mom Member

Hi, everyone. I wanted to let you know that Little Bit’s PMPS was 410. He has been in the 300s today other than that. My question is, how long do we stay at this dose until it needs to be increased to bring these numbers down? I am tapering him off the hills m/d and he’s had a very small amount of that today. He has had at least two cans of FF and will get more before bed. Maybe it’ll take a few days for the dry food carb count to make its way out of his system? Also, he feels like he’s gained his bit of weight back which I had suspected he had lost. Thank y’all again for your support and guidance. I feel so much more in control now that you all guided me to begin BG testing at home.

2. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

Hi! Holding the dose for 6 cycles (3 days am and pm ) is what is recommended to see it they break a bounce or just come down nicely. I think your plan of removing the foods slowly is a good plan. Make sure to test as changing foods can at times lead to a drastic number fluctuation. Your doing great try not to be discouraged-its a marathon no sprinting in the fd forum:bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. AliceMeowliss (GA)

AliceMeowliss (GA) Well-Known Member

I know those high numbers can feel so discouraging at times. Keep up your efforts and slowly but surely you will see results! :)

I see you are using ProZinc. I have not used this insulin so I can’t give insulin-specific advice. But I did round up the dosing sticky on the ProZinc forum. If you haven’t reviewed it yet, I’m sure you’ll find that it helps answer several questions you have asked and some you may not even know you have yet. :)

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/prozinc-dosing-methods.225629/

4. Little Bit’s Mom

Little Bit’s Mom Member

Thank y’all :) he was was 444 PS this morning and since we’ve had three days on 1.75, I increased to 2.0 units. I am here to monitor and test him all day.

5. Little Bit’s Mom

Little Bit’s Mom Member

I just went to test and realized I only have two test strips left! My chewy order will arrive tomorrow afternoon. Should I test at +6 and then PMPS, then what in the morning? Ugh I am so frustrated with myself. I thought I ordered them plenty early. :(

6. Little Bit’s Mom

Little Bit’s Mom Member

I called a veterinary office and they’re willing to sell a vial of test strips to me. So thankful as they are not my regular vet. My vet is closed due to Hurricane Sally. +3 we are at 397. Coming down, but still high.

7. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

You have alpha track? I wonder if your vet would spare any?

8. AliceMeowliss (GA)

Is there a reason you prefer the AT over a human meter? Strips can be much cheaper with a human one!

anyway in a pinch you can run to a Target or Walmart or whatever you have there and get a cheap human meter and strips and substitute those, & you can get a little help on here to interpret the difference. :)

9. Little Bit’s Mom

Little Bit’s Mom Member

I just purchased the AT upon my vet’s recommendation the day of his diagnosis. Is an AT more accurate?
    I will have two vials of strips after tomorrow, but I am considering a human meter once we use those because the strips are SO expensive!

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  10. Little Bit’s Mom

Little Bit’s Mom Member

I am cautiously optimistic, but we got LB’s best reading yet—311 at +9! Hopefully this new dose plus no dry food are working!

11. AliceMeowliss (GA)

I am too tired now to explain easily the accuracy and the different readings. You get slug toy different numbers because the meter is calibrated for humans. But you can adjust, and all the daily tests are largely so you have an idea of a pattern. The ideal range and hypo numbers are different with a human meter. Ideal range 50-120 with human meter, hypo below 50. With AT hypo threshold is in the 70s...
    But meters tend to be more accurate in lower numbers. And all of them have a variance where they could be off by a certain amount, upwards of 50 points I believe. So when you get a 300 on AT, human meter might read as 250, but it could read as 300....

Hey I typed this out hours ago. So sleepy now I can’t finish my thoughts.

happy for your 311!!! Just wait till you get under 300! A new spreadsheet color!! :cat:

12. Little Bit’s Mom

Little Bit’s Mom Member

Thank you! I have tears welling up in my eyes I’m so happy.
    Thanks for the info on meters, too. I will probably buy a human meter after I’m finished with these test strips. If I only tested 4x/day, I would be spending $50 every 12 days on AT test strips. So much $$$!

13. jt and trouble (GA)

Awwwwwwwwww(((Olivia)

Little Bit’s Mom likes this.
  14. Little Bit’s Mom

Little Bit’s Mom Member

:bighug:

15. Little Bit’s Mom

Little Bit’s Mom Member

Now we are back up to 457 at +3. :( No dry food has been eaten today. I sure was hoping that 311 from earlier was going to stick.

16. jt and trouble (GA)

Unfortunately our "hopes" dont translate. CATS! Give it a chance. ;)

17. Little Bit’s Mom

Little Bit’s Mom Member

Thank you so much for the support. I’m such an instant satisfaction type of person, and it’s frustrating when that doesn’t happen. We shall persevere! :)

18. jt and trouble (GA)

Patience grasshopper. ;):coffee:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.