Pig 4/17 amps 110; +2 152

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Apr 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

Such a great day yesterday! His cycles are looking so very gorgeous as of late. I think I might have figured out the magic way for his digestion and am running this new thing to see if it works. I am just giving him anywhere from 1-2 tbs of food every 2 or 3 hours. This keeps him from having large amounts blocking up the works, it levels out his sugar intake (as in never really enough to interrupt the insulin action), and it seems to help him move his bowels far better. He is actually laying curled up like a cat should instead of stretched out all the time. I see this as a good thing. The EZ Eggs have been a godsend in conjunction with the MiraLax and Cisapride. Blending his food in water helps a ton as well. Honestly, this mega-colon is the harder of the two to manage and if I can get and keep this under control then the other follows.

Not to mention, he is so much more calm now that his numbers and digestion are better. He does not seem so stressed and anxious. I am very happy about this.

I got his tags, both Federal Reg. ESA and Insulin Dependent, in the mail along with his Fed. license. I am waiting on his harness at the moment. I do not usually lean on his registration and service like most, but in this case I think it is a good idea in that he will have immediate access to all areas that I am and he cannot be legally separated from me at anytime without my permission. I think for a trip across the states, any precaution is a good one. His micro-chip is linked to his federal registration number as well and that is linked to me, his vet, and my parents home in case of emergencies. Just a few more things to purchase and loose ends to tie and we will be ready for this journey!!

2. Mom2Maverick

Mom2Maverick Member

I totally agree regarding the megacolon. Can you refresh me on the EZ eggs? Where do you get them and how much are you giving? Pig's numbers and improvement in quality of life is so great to hear.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  3. LuvinThisPig

Oh yes! They are called EZ Egg Yolk from Food Fur Life and just the best supplement. They are meant for hairballs mostly, but improve upon gut motility as well. Within a few days of starting both they boys on this my long hair, Tail, hocked up 3 huge hair balls and Pig started actually passing more solid pieces. I have seen a drastic improvement in both of their ability to pass hair and stool. I will absolutely recommend this for megacolon and it helps support issues of senility and nerve function as well. Not to mention, all it is is powdered egg yolk! Truly amazing stuff!

4. LuvinThisPig

Well, he is trending a bit higher today and I can't help but this it is because he had a few extra snacks yesterday because I shot so low before leaving for work. Things like that with his digestion absolutely impact his numbers for a day or two. He had a good output so I am hoping we see a bit of decrease back to the greens. Of course, it could all be the acro pulse fluctuating. Either way, his numbers are looking excellent and I will not complain!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.