? Pig 3/27 +11 217; amps 194; +1 190; +10 135; +11 145; pmps 134

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

I am not entirely sure what is fueling this downward BG trend, but I am not complaining. It is a bit anxiety inducing trying for the right dose, because the next two days there is no way I can miss work. I will not have a job if I do. So, I am trying to be ultra conservative and careful. Every dose seems to be building a cumulative decline since the other day. Either way, the difference is startling. He has had several big bowel movements and is up and urinating all by himself. The two could be working in conjunction. This is a great thing! It could also be that Acro tumor slowing a bit.. No way to tell. Or, Pig could just be getting so sick of my many ministrations that he has decided to no longer be an Acro... :p

For now we will be blessed and happy with all the blues and nearly greens! :cool::cool::cool:
    Just loving it! :smuggrin:

2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Yeah, could be the tumor ramping down for a bit or maybe you finally hit the right dose. Either way, it's awesome to see some blues!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  3. LuvinThisPig

I just do not know how to dose any of this.. @Wendy&Neko should I continue with the 59uL? Do a reduced dose by half? I have not given R and I do not think it is needed.

4. LuvinThisPig

Well.. I just gave my first BCS dose, I suppose.. His pmps was @ 134. @JeffJ words just kept ringing in my head.. "Keep Pig safe". There was no way I was shooting a full 59uL. Especially given his downward trends lately. I will not be home when he hits nadirs, so I chickened out..

I am curious to see where he goes with this one. I am worried I am disturbing the depot overly much, but this felt right.

JeffJ likes this.
  5. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Goodness, Pig's case is a tricky one, isn't it? So happy you're seeing positive signs--being able to "go" by himself must be good for Pig's morale, too. Hope the BCS was exactly the right thing!:cat:

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  6. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Better safe than sorry, I think the BCS was a good call. That depot is so large, you likely won’t disturb it much by one BCS. :p

Glad all is well in the elimination department, what a difference that can make with numbers, right? :woot:

Keep being awesome, Pig! :cat:

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Pig was giving you safe numbers on 59 units. I would stick with it. The lowest he got was 82, which is well into safe numbers.

If you are really nervous, you could take a couple units off the dose to raise the nadirs. Just know that by doing so it's likely he'll also get higher numbers, possibly more time above renal threshold. At this point, it's a matter of experimenting and seeing what works for Pig.

8. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I like Wendy's advice. Also note that I may be the most conservative dosing advisor on the board. Even with my super safe doses to Leo, he occasionally goes pretty low. Let's see where Pig goes with that "half dose" you gave him.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.