Peeka Curve Day

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peter (Peeka&Boo), Sep 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Hey y’all

Peekas curve day is going well so far, she has been very cooperative and is also loving her purebites. AMPS was 351, +2 230, +4 227, +7 was 345. I messed up by not getting the +6, I had to go run an errand that took longer than I thought. All in all, I’m glad to be getting these numbers.

I’m curious if I should be increasing her dosage tomorrow? We are almost fully onto Dr. Elsey’s diet for Peeka, maybe a .25 increase?

Hope everyone is enjoying their day off. Currently about to take a nap with Boo.

2. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Nice job! Peeka could probably use the 0.25u increase now.

3. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Will get her started on that tonight!

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Nice job on the curve, Peter. Nailed it! :cool:

How far along is Peeka with the diet transition?

Mogs

5. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

I’d say this morning was 80% new diet and 20% old. Will we be ok with the increase in dosage as we are still transitioning? Or are her numbers high enough at the +2/+4 where we should be ok?

6. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Peekas +2 tonight came in at 243. Going to try and get a +4 as well just to see where we are.

7. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

I concur with the increase.

8. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

We started tonight, hope to get some numbers in with this new dosage and see where to go from here.

9. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Peeka +4 is at 155. I gave her a little bit more food and she has been happily eating. Is there anything else I need to be looking for, or should I be happy with this reading?

Edit: just checked again after a potty accident with Peeka, she can’t squat properly to poo so she got some on her fur, poor baby :( just got an updated reading at 229. I’m sure it’s probably due to her eating some more, a half hour passing and just some natural variance with the readings. I suppose that’s what the spreadsheet is for though. To get better readings at different times.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2020
  10. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Yep, that's not too bad. You can always get another test an hour or two after noticeable dipping (and giving a snack, like you did) to be safe.

11. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

That’s why I got that 2nd test in, just to confirm. The first test didn’t have a whole lot of blood on it, not sure if that makes a difference with the results. But after that 2nd test, I definitely feel a little bit better. Here’s hoping to see more blue in the near future!

12. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

First curve under your belt...BRAVO!;):coffee::bighug:

Deb & Wink likes this.
  13. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Nice little paddle for Peeka! :cat:

Mogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.