Peeka 9/6 pre-curve advice

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peter (Peeka&Boo), Sep 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Hey everyone,

Not too much to report today, Peeka has been doing about the same, she is now eating mostly lower carb food at the moment and is loving it. She peed in the closet this morning which is unfortunate, I should have known something was up when I saw her hanging out by the bathroom, but I digress. She didn’t ruin anything, and I was able to take care of it before the wife woke up, so all is good there.

AMPS was 360ish this morning. My first reading was 35 and I panicked, the next two were 395 and 360, so I’m inclined to go with those numbers! Her +3 was 244 and I’ve been noticing those are about normal numbers for her so far in the diet change.

Just was curious for any curve days advice? My wife and I will be home all day tomorrow, probably cleaning and lounging around. I could definitely use a day to relax. I have a fresh bag of purebites, Peeka has been very cooperative with testing as well, wanted to see if there was anything else I could need?

Hope everyone has a wonderful Sunday!

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Not remembering IF I ever did a curve with Trouble, I cant give advice on that but I can be your cheerleader! Wondering if Peeka is having trouble getting into her LB. Nephropathy may have something to do with that. Even if she can make there in time, off and on she may just have enough discomfort to say to herself, "EH here's a better spot. " Kitteths are good at that.
    Anyway GOOD LUCK with the curve I will be anxious to see her spreadsheet. Please give Peeks and Boo some scritches from me and say hello to your lady from us. *Waving from Palm Springs Ca)* it will be 121 here today! :eek: lol

Peter (Peeka&Boo) likes this.
  3. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Yikes! We are a few days away from a cold front in North Dallas. Will be a welcome treat to be sure. Will do, I appreciate the support. Hoping for a nice, easy day with the curve. Hopefully it can shed some light on the cycles and we can get a better understanding for everything. If I can, I’ll try and get a curve done when I have these days off.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  4. jt and trouble (GA)

Cold front? WHATS DAT? lol ;):cool::smuggrin:

5. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Last call for any advice, probably be up around 5:40 CST

6. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Curve days should mimic normal days. Remember to feed like normal, don't try to do anything different just because you're testing a little more tomorrow. Except maybe some extra scritches for Peeka putting up with extra pokes. ;)

Hope you're considering making the switch to a longer-lasting insulin. Peeka's pancreas doesn't get a chance to repair itself until they're in those "healing greens" (numbers below 100) and Vetsulin doesn't really give cats that option. Good luck tomorrow!

7. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

will do! Normal day for us besides extra pets, belly rubs and some purebites. Prozinc is at the vets office, honestly I’m not sure how the easiest way to may the switch would be. I just want to heal Peeka’s neuropathy as quickly and safely as possible.

8. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Switching from the two is actually really easy - keep the same dose as you're using on Vetsulin. :) And of course be aware that onset and nadir on Prozinc will be different than it is with Vetsulin so you'll have to keep an eye out. Peeka's legs will get better in time. The switch will help. :bighug:

Does Peeka like belly rubs? My kitties get offended. :woot:

9. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

To be honest, depends on her mood. 75% of the time she loves it. The other, not so much. 100% of the time she loves ear/neck scritches. So I can guarantee she will have some of those.

10. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

I promise to keep y’all updated. I’ll need some encouragement throughout the day. I feel like a bad cat dad for poking my Sweets as much as I will be.

11. jt and trouble (GA)

Boy I'm glad I'm not alone. Sneaky Zoe lures me in every time!:eek::stop::facepalm::blackeye:

12. jt and trouble (GA)

you are NOT a bad cat dad! You are helping Peeka get back to her old self running and jumping and ATTACKING tummy rubbers!:p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.