Peeka 9/14- Looking for positives

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peter (Peeka&Boo), Sep 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Good morning,

A mostly uneventful weekend all in all. Peeka's neuropathy Friday night looked pretty rough, however Saturday and Sunday she was looking a little bit better, getting around further distances, less slouching on the hind end, etc. Still doesnt look great, but I will take anything I can get at the moment.

I was thinking about it over the weekend, and I know that we are nowhere near where we would like to be, I do have to be thankful that she still has a healthy appetite, her bowel movements have solidified better. I still have to carry her to the litter tray, and she is fussy about doing any business there, but this morning before I left I took her to the litter, and I just let her hang out. After a minute or two, she finally decided she wanted to potty, I have to hold her rear end up in order to avoid making a mess on her back end, but hopefully that will mean no accidents today while we are away.

The other positive that has been said on here to me a few times is that Peeka's numbers feel manageable. I'm wondering if another dose increase will help nudge us in the right direction? If anyone has some input, I would love to hear it.

At any rate, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I will be taking next weekend off from work to enjoy some time with my wife and our fur family. I definitely feel as though I need a break, I will be able to get some PM testing and a possible curve if we decide to do some more dose increases.

Hope everyone has a wonderful start to their week!

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Peter since you havent gotten any feedback yet I'm inclined to *think* a slight increase is warranted. Shes been on this dose for 7 days and even if her preshot was lower than the day before it isnt by that much BUT DO NOT go by me. These are strictly my thoughts. Wait and listen to the experience here. I know you've been asking since last night.
    I'm probably wrong to offer these thoughts so dont take this as advice...
    Sending positives and best wishes for your Peeka.
    j.

Peter (Peeka&Boo) likes this.
  3. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Thanks Jeanne,

I tried collecting as much data as I could this weekend to help make the determination if the dose increase is warranted. I'm inclined to believe it is as well, I would just appreciate the opinions of others before making that decision. I didn't capture any NADIR below the 150 mark, even with the lower numbers from the weekend.

4. jt and trouble (GA)

A very WISE Catdaddy!

Peter (Peeka&Boo) likes this.
  5. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Another positive update, something we haven’t seen in a week or two, got home to find Peeka lounging on the ottoman. Called my sister to see if she had put her there and apparently she was by the back door when she left.

6. jt and trouble (GA)

:bighug::D Good girl Peeka!

7. Gill & Mac (UK)

Gill & Mac (UK) Member

That's great news Peeka is obviously feeling a bit better in herself. Sometimes it's those little landmarks that let you see progress is happening
    All the best to you all
    Gill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.