Peeka 9/13 possible bouncing?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peter (Peeka&Boo), Sep 13, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Good morning everyone,

We had some awesome numbers the last few days, today a little bit on the higher side than what we had been experiencing. I tested her AMPS exactly 2 hours after she had her last little snack, I’m wondering if that could be a possible reason for the higher numbers today? She also had the rest of her breakfast between +3/+4, all in all, the numbers are still trending somewhat in the right direction.

Not much else has really changed, woke up to an awful smell to find Peeka had managed to go potty in our room which I was able to take care of. Wife ordered some doggy pads, we just want to make sure Boo and our dog won’t get comfortable going inside now!

Anyways, that’s the update, I finally have a day off today, I do have some errands to run in the afternoon, but I’ll probably give her insulin a little bit later in order to get PMPS numbers. I hope everyone is having a good weekend!

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Interesting preshot number. I was expecting a bit lower. Well carry on! Its what we do. Peeka and Boo and doggie too are SO very lucky to have such good caregiver parents. :bighug::cool::bighug:

3. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

I was thinking the same. I wonder if the snack she ate has anything to do with the higher numbers today. It was almost exactly 2 hours difference in food and AMPS. Typically there’s about a 3-4 hour buffer.

4. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Y’all told me to keep an eye out for small positive things, today as we were eating our food, we put the trash into the bag and on the floor for a minute as we were eating. Peeka slowly but surely made her way over to the bag and when she got there, began pawing at the bag, trying to get some food in typically Peeka fashion.

Later, as we are laying around, I hear a rustling in the pantry. Peeka was trying to get into Spikes food also! She had to paw open the door in order to get there. She didn’t get to anything, but this is a small thing I will never take for granted again since I don’t remember her trying to get in the pantry for some time now.

KyraCat and jt and trouble (GA) like this.
  5. jt and trouble (GA)

Awwwwww she deserves a snack. I dont know if that works into her schedule but I also know I couldnt resist. :oops:

6. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Peeka PMPS 278

7. jt and trouble (GA)

I dont know if you call that a bounce but someone will know. ;) up to the top you go!

Peter (Peeka&Boo) likes this.
  8. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Peeka +2 238.

+4 172

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  9. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Based on the information gathered the last few days, would a dose increase be warranted at this point? @Deb & Wink @Critter Mom

I’m thinking if I do, I can start tomorrow evening so I can monitor a bit better. I think Peekas Nadir comes anywhere from +3-+4

Deb & Wink likes this.
  10. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

I see you already increased the dose. And yes, it was warranted.

Peter (Peeka&Boo) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.