Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Hey y’all,

One thing I’ve learned through this whole process is that there are peaks(Peeks) valleys, and the one thing that may go under the radar, plateaus. I’ve updated Peekas sheet as I have been able to test, her walk has either stayed the same or gotten slightly worse, nothing to be too concerned about if I’m honest, just not progressing. I need to remind myself it’s like you all say, it’s a marathon, not a sprint. The methyl b12 has helped, I’ve noticed Boo be able to jump on the bed with less help than before, and Peeka will make some long distance walks depending on the time, her mood, whether or not there’s food, etc. I have to keep reminding myself that we are only on our 2nd week currently, and that she will continue to progress.

anyways, that is my update for the day, feels lame that there is not much to report. Peeka is still as sweet as ever, I just wish she were progressing, but I know this is going to be a long term deal, and I’m in it for the long haul with her.

2. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

I still think it’s a good idea to post on the Vetsulin forum and ask for dosage input. You’ve been on the same dose for a while now and maybe doing a curve this weekend would be good, if you can manage. With the goal or maybe increasing her dose by .25 next week. Are you still considering switching insulin? When would that be again? If it’s soon then just wait till you transition :)

yes, marathon for sure!

3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Peter,

Glad to hear that Peeka's making steady progress, and that Boo is also benefitting from the B12. :)

You've managed to get some useful tests in, especially in the PM cycle. That +6 you snagged is starting to fill out the picture on dose duration.

Are you going to start testing Boo as well? It would help to start throwing some light on how his insulin is working. (I do understand the schedule busyness, just throwing out suggestions on helpful steps for you to take. :) ). Given that at some stage in the near future you're hoping to look at introducing lower carb food for both your little ones, finding out what's going on with Boo's BG levels needs to be done first for safety.

You're doing a great job looking after your little furry charges.

Mogs

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Ok, LAME?
    Theres nothing lame about a kitty recovering from neuropathy. Theres nothing lame with your cat NOT learning what honey is. Theres nothing lame with successfully learning how and when to test. Theres nothing lame with questioning your vet and finding this resource and sharing. We all love hearing the small victories. Its these small victories we ALL celebrate...lame? No FAR from it!:bighug:
    You're doing it right! KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT!
    j

5. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

6. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

100%!!! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

After speaking with the vet last week, or two weeks ago, time is blurring together lol. He said he was fine and OK’d changing the insulin. I’m going to post in the Vetsulin forum though, see if there’s recommendations about Peekas dosage and get more comfortable with how to make the switch before doing so. There is still almost half a vial of Vetsulin left, so maybe in the next few weeks, we may look to do that.

If anyone has input on her levels, I would love to hear it. I’ll be off on Labor Day, and I think that would be a good day to do a curve. So long as Peeka is near food, she doesn’t seem to mind getting tested and it’s making it much easier.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.