Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Hey everyone,

successful AMPS this morning. Started giving Vitacost to the cats last night and just mixed it in their food. Peeka came in at a 379 AMPS, curious if that’s normal seeing as her +6 last night was a 397? Either way, unless someone has differing opinions, I was going to give her her normal dosage today.

Still seeing promising signs from her. She’s making multiple jumps to the ottoman and walking around better than last Sunday which is sort of our Day 0 if you will.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I will after reading this update! :D

Sorry I cannot give dosing advice.:(

Peter (Peeka&Boo) likes this.
  3. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

No worries, been sticking with the +3 for now, until is see a pre shot in the 200s, then I’ll hold out and wait. For now though we are seeing enough signs of encouragement to continue.

4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Peter,

Great you got the AMPS again today.:) As soon as your schedule permits, it would be really helpful to you to get some PMPS and PM+3 tests.

Here's a diagram of the 'textbook' response of a cat on Vetsulin:

[​IMG]

Important Note: Cat's don't read textbooks. :rolleyes:

On yesterday evening's +6 result, Vetsulin typically poops out for most of the latter part of each cycle (short duration of effect) although +6 is a little earlier than normal for it to be gone completely. It could be that Peeka metabolises insulin fast. It might be that she went a little lower than the body was comfortable with earlier in the cycle and she bounced a little. Much is speculation at the moment but as you accumulate more test data, it will give better insight into how Peeka is responding.

Thank you so much for sharing Peeka's progress with us! It's great to be able to follow all her daily wins. :cat: It's good to hear you sounding more positive too. The numbers are only a guide. The purpose of what we do here is to see our little ones doing well. It's all about the cats!

Mogs

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
    jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  5. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Thanks for the insight. Peeka wouldn’t know what to do with all that information if I explained it all to her lol. During the weekdays I’ll be able to get better PMPS’s as I’ll be getting home right around the time for food and shots. This weekend was just crazy cause I had to work Thursday night and I don’t typically.

Just tried getting a +4 on Peeka this morning. Stabbed her 5-6 different times, got plenty of blood on at least 2 strips and still wound up with error messages. I felt bad for putting her through that so I just wound up stopping. Feel so bad for putting my sweet girl through that :(

6. Critter Mom

Stopping was the smart move, Peter. Some you lose. ;)

For info, sometimes getting too much blood on the test strip can result in error messages. A useful tip is to collect the blood sample on the back of your fingernail. That way you can do a repeat test if required without needing to do an additional poke.

ETA: It's handy to take a few extra meter strips out of the container before starting to test in case you need to do a repeat test.

Mogs

7. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

I have the whole container near me just in case. The back of the fingernail trick is awesome insight, thank you so much! I really wanted to get a reading, but I also didn’t want to put her through more stress.

8. jt and trouble (GA)

Sometimes too much blood gives an error reading. Dont forget the treat even if you werent successful;):bighug:

9. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

That’s the one thing the wife is very good about. Making sure she’s got her treats and love after i do all the dirty work.

10. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

They don't need textbooks either – though they do make an interesting place to lie down on.

11. Critter Mom

The open textbooks. ;)

12. Critter Mom

So the missus gets to be Good Cop. :rolleyes:

:D

Mogs

13. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

We always like to joke Peeka must have hated books in another life. Every time she would want some attention late at night or wanted to show us something, she would eat any paper we had near our bed to get our attention. She wouldn’t like this documentation printed out, that’s for sure.

Speaking of which, this morning, when she wanted to be fed, she laid on a paper bag that was laying out and rubbing up against it, about to bite it before I got out of bed. Another positive sign! Something she hasn’t done in a few weeks.

14. jt and trouble (GA)

15. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Lol that's too funny, you are doing a great job Peter

16. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

They really are something else when they want to be fed,
    Mine scratches on the door relentlessly until I feed him.

17. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

No testing update as the day has been insane. Pure bites came in today and they are a HUGE hit at our house. Thankful to have all my fingers intact since the cats have been going crazy for these treats.

18. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Be sure to wash your hands.

And the dog pure bites are the same thing. Just bigger pieces that you can break up. A bit cheaper in the long run.

19. Critter Mom

Brilliant! :cat:

Mogs

20. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

I wish i would have gotten a picture to show everyone. Peeka jumped on to the bed. It wasn’t graceful and she struggled, but she still made it up here and we have about a 2” high bed. She moved from spot to spot, still pretty shaky, but when i folded over the comforter the way she likes she made her way to me in a HURRY. I pet her for at least a good 10-15 minutes before she decided she had enough and made her way over to her water bowl, which is in the kitchen, another 15-20” away without any stops.

she still has a gait, she still struggles at times to walk some distances, but I’m already over the moon with the progress made and it wouldn’t be possible without the help and support of everyone here. From last week where her legs were giving out from underneath her, to making decent length walks and jumping on the bed for the first time in weeks, and getting her patented “Peeky Pouch”

I can’t thank everyone here enough for the support and the knowledge shared so far, and I look forward to continuing to update you all as she hopefully regains her graceful form and we can get her BG levels to a good level.

21. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Even before covid, I would make sure hands were washed before and after! Thanks for the heads up about the dog sized ones. I wasn’t sure when i made the purchase initially, so i played it safe and went with the cat option.

22. Critter Mom

:cat: What a wonderful update, Peter! :cat:

I seem to have got something in my eye ...

(((Peeka)))

Mogs

23. jt and trouble (GA)

And we will look forward to every one of these updates! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Peeka!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.