Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Good morning everyone,

Still feeling slightly upset as I can’t seem to figure out if I’m doing anything wrong, or if Peeka’s insulin isn’t working the way it supposed to be. Woke up this morning to find she was eating some of her leftovers from last night, so was unable to get an AMPS. Going to have to learn to take the food bowl away, I’ve updated my SS though, at +2 today she was a 309. To answer some questions from another thread https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/peeka-testing-update-8-19.233850/#post-2615393

Fridge is working fine, Vetsulin is fairly new, maybe bought only a few weeks ago. We have been giving slightly below 3u. I’m not sure if the numbers from yesterday were a fluke, or what’s happening. I’m sorry to be so negative, and I know these things are going to take time, but I’m still feeling like I don’t have a good handle on things.

I’ll be working tonight and won’t be able to administer the PMPS or shot, my wife is fully capable of doing the shot, but she doesn’t want her first time to do a test to be by herself. I can probably get a +3 or +4 tonight.

again, sorry to be so gloom. Just want to get my sweet cat regulated. May be blind optimism, but my wife and I have noticed a SLIGHT less hitch in her hind legs. Not a lot, mind, but a slight, subtle difference every now and then. Also apologize for the multiple threads, I’ve gone through the forum a little bit and that seems to be the preferred method. If i become overbearing or too much, please let me know!

2. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Another thing I noticed going through the vets notes, is the last time we took Peeka to the vet on 8/10, the readings were as follows
    +2 463
    +4 425
    +7 184
    +9 125

has anyone seen anything like that happen before?

3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Peter please know you will never be overbearing . Venting is a huge part of why we are here.

I am not an expert but those numbers you're questioning? I would have killed for in Troubles early journey. You AND your wife are doing a fine job. Now go to work and have a GREAT day .:bighug:

4. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

OMG, seriously? I'm freaking out over here because those numbers are higher than yesterday. Even her +10 yesterday was higher than her +2 today. Is that just a part of the game? Some days are better/worse than others?

5. jt and trouble (GA)

In the beginning? Absolutely. I would have killed for numbers in the 300's. Then one day a 200+ snuck in there.. I was paniced just like you. Then I was told Diabetes is not a sprint. Its a marathon. (lol truth told that didnt make me feel any better:p)

6. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

I just see the initial numbers, and I get so panicked lol. I didn't even take the time to consider possible variances, or the fact that I took the test a little bit earlier than +2, and @Critter Mom had made a suggestion for +3 with Vetsulin. I'm learning so much stuff and I just have a tough time remembering it all in the moment when all I have in front of me is a number that's higher than I would like.

7. jt and trouble (GA)

Boy do I get that! I did the very same thing. So see? Youre more normal than you thought...lol welllll as normal as I am anyway .:p

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  8. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Thank you for putting my mind at ease. I was almost in tears on the way into work thinking about how poorly I'm treating my sweet girl. She didn't seem to mind the extra pets though, and I have to admit, it at least seems like she hasn't been drinking in excess. Again, that could just be optimism, but I'm looking for anything positive at this point.

9. jt and trouble (GA)

Peter just know that when you panic or are feeling down you have people that KNOW EXACTLY what you are going through. THAT WILL NEVER CHANGE One day you will be on here saying the same thing to another new parent. TRUST ME ON THAT ;):coffee:

10. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

You are doing fine, just a reminder, which you probably all ready know with Vetsulin after she eats you have to wait 20-30 minutes then give the Vetsulin, have a good day Peter :cat:

11. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

@JanetNJ would love your feedback on Peeka’s numbers on Vetsulin

12. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

You’re doing great Peter and I think her numbers are not that bad. It’s all great news and once you start with the b12 methyl you should see some results too

Peter (Peeka&Boo) likes this.
  13. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Will do, I've been monitoring that a lot more closely. She ate before and a little bit after as well, they're grazers (unless we get home and there's an empty food bowl, in which case, they're hangry)

14. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

I think I keep freaking myself out. I'm a fixer by nature and things that take time like this cause me a little bit of anxiety. Thank you all for helping keep me sane! I would be a wreck without the positive support from everyone here.

15. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

I'm longing for the day that I can show you all mine and Peeks favorite time together. She loves to snuggle on the bed with me, and if I don't fold over the covers just right, she gets agitated and knocks things off my nightstand.

16. jt and trouble (GA)

17. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Lol that's too funny, little miss prissy lol
    They are both adorable

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  18. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Patience, grasshopper. It's a journey. You and Peeka will get there.

19. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

I feel you because I’m exactly the same way. I’m a fixer and a planner, I plan events for a living, and on top of it all I’m a Virgo. This forum has helped with my anxiety and impatience and Deb, who we tagged yesterday, held my hand so I could learn the patience I need to deal with feline diabetes. It’s a marathon not a sprint ;)

20. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

If it helps anything, I'm a Leo, and when I don't have my stuff sorted out or I'm not on top of things,I start to get frustrated with myself. I need to have that quote hanging up on every wall in my house so I don't get discouraged with Sweet Peeks- It's marathon, not a sprint"

21. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Quick dosing question since I won't be home tonight and unable to perform PMPS, we have been sticking with right around 3u for Peeka since Tuesday PM, should she be ok for another 3u tonight? I will be home to do a +4 test tonight.

22. jt and trouble (GA)

I am not a dosing helper but that would make me nervous.. This will bump your thread to the top of the page hold on...

Peter (Peeka&Boo) likes this.
  23. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

It’s hard to say Peter with not enough test data, but I’m inclined to go with yes since you can do the +4. I’m in CA so 3 hours ahead of you I think? Post that number and ask for help if you feel it’s too low. By too low I’d think anything under 150 for her right now. If you get a number between 150-200, I’d give her a little food (not a meal more like a snack) and retest in 30 minutes to see if it’s going up.

If it’s over 200 you’re good.

24. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

You just started. It's a marathon. I didn't even see a number under 300 the first two months, and it was three.months before I saw a preshot under 300.

Consider getting a timed feeder so access to food can be closed off two hours prior to the preshot test.

25. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Will do, appreciate the insight. Today was a bad day for my anxiety, my problem, not y’all’s. Thanks for the continued support.

26. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

10:40 Central time update, Peeka is at 296. I go into work a little bit later tomorrow morning, so hopefully I can get an AMPS and possibly a +3.

27. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

That’s good. Nothing to worry about overnight then!

28. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

If you get her off the dry food it will help those numbers come down.

29. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Just got a 397 AMPS.

30. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Woot! :woot:

Nice one, Peter. :cool:

Mogs

31. Critter Mom

If there's any way you could swing a +3 or +4 on this cycle, that would be really helpful.

Mogs

32. KyraCat

KyraCat Member

Hey Peter! Take a look at Kyra's SS we're all over the shop with numbers. We are still on a journey of finding the right dose (and food) and we're nearly 4 months in. Don't worry you've got this!!

Every tiny improvement you see in your baby should be celebrated. Kyra is sooo much better but I still look out for other little signs to see he is getting better by the day :)

With testing, I would do a lot of random ones during the day (very against my cancerian nature - I love a rigid routine!!) and I would get Matt, my husband, to watch and just see what I was doing and how I handled Kyra. Then the first time he did a test on his own was during the cycle, not before a shot, that way it wasn't too worry some if he didn't get the drop of blood he needed, but was a good opportunity to try doing a test without me helicoptoring over him lol.

There is a lot to be said about learning about FD and then trying to educate our loved ones on how to handle/treat it too. Especially when we are still nowhere near experts!

33. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

I don’t work till 11 local time so I can probably get a +3

34. Critter Mom

That'd be ace, Peter. :)

Mogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.