Peeka 10/26 update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peter (Peeka&Boo), Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

cont'd from https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/peeks-bloody-mucus-stool.237450/#post-2666409

Good morning y'all,

Gosh, crazy weekend working. Feeling very exhausted with everything going on, I must be honest. Peeka didn't have any BMs until late last night, and it was considerably more firm than previously, and I didn't seem to notice any blood in the stool. She was ravenous as usual this morning with her breakfast. I'm hoping we are moving more in the clear, the dog we were dog sitting has gone home.

My wife did bring up something I hadn't considered, with us bringing a baby home in a few months, should we consider a sort of anti anxiety for Peeka? Having the 2nd dog in the house didn't do well for her, and while I don't know if that's 100% the cause, I don't want to do anything to disrupt some of the momentum we have been having towards lower numbers. I'm curious to your thoughts, and I can't thank y'all enough for the support this weekend.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

This is a good question. I have seen both reactions to newborns coming into a household. Had A friend who brought the new "package" home and her kitty fell in love immediately (Surrogate mommy???) lol did her cat think this is my baby too? It was amazing.
    A few years later another new "package"... By then kitty was older and the house was little more chaotic. Her cat wasnt as quite accepting. Had some LB issues but no aggression. Everything calmed down after a few months. All that said her cat didnt have diabetes. AND was a few years older.
    You can always get something for calm once you find out, but maybe having something on hand might be advantageous for expediency sake.

Peter (Peeka&Boo) likes this.
  3. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

That's what I was thinking. That said, this other dog is always looking to get into something, and him and Peeka haven't traditionally gotten along that well, he crowds her space and sniffs her a lot, and she doesn't much care for that. She definitely taken a few swipes at him before. That's why Peeka and our dog Spike get along so well, they typically just ignore each other except for the few sweet moments where we are all on the bed together. I'm hoping with our baby Peeka won't care too much since she won't be having much to do with her. Initially at least. No telling what will happen when she is able to move around. But Peeka typically doesn't care much as long as she is getting some rubs and scratches.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

I agree. Hopefully this will be a ...wait for it... PEACEFUL TRANSITION :p

Peter (Peeka&Boo) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.