Peeka 10/21 AMPS 314 +2 234 + Zobline question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peter (Peeka&Boo), Oct 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Good morning!

Something to note recently, I got a +8 on Peeka when I got home yesterday, and she was at 212. I know with Vetsulin it is supposed to hit hard, fast, but I have found it curious that she would be at that number, that late in her cycle. I'm going to see about doing a mini curve this Sunday, at least until +7 to see where her insulin is taking her in the morning, but I just found that interesting.

Not much else going on, neuropathy looking the same as usual, even though it looked a little better yesterday, it seems to look worse some days, and better others, sometimes both in the same day. Placing another order for Zobaline today so we don't go without. Although I have seen some people say they mix the methyl b12 and folic acid and that's essentially what Zobaline is. If anyone has suggestions on that, would be much appreciated.

Hope you all have a good day!

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Peter are you using Zobaline or the Vitacost brand,
    I use the Vitacost brand and buy the folic acid to mix in so it's just like the same ingredients in the Zobaline

Hi Peter I posted this before for you,
    Here is the link https://www.vitacost.com/vitacost-vitamin-b-12-methylcobalamin-5000-mcg-100-capsules-6

Alot of members use this , I use it myself you can buy it on line from Vitacost
    Vitamin B-12 Methylcobalamin -- 5000 mcg - 100 Capsules
    It's 17.99 just be sure this is the one you buy
    The only difference is the Zobaline has 200 mcgs of folic acid
    So I buy the folic acid at the supermarket and crush it up and add it to the B-12
    If you can't find the 200 mcg get the 400 mcg and cut it in half and crush it up
    The Vitacost brand is a capsule so just open it and pour the powder on the wet food
    Has no taste, no need to crush it up
    The Zobaline is 33.99 for 60 pills, too expensive
    I saw a big improvement I'd say 3 months, could be sooner. One capsule a day.
    Once you get your kitty better regulated the B-12 methyl will help

Vitamin B-12 Methylcobalamin -- 5000 mcg - 100 Capsules

• SKU #: 835003001804
    • Shipping Weight: 0.23 lb
    • Servings: 100
    [​IMG]

3. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Morning Peter,
    All I know is I crushed a tablet (3000mg) I think it was, over each of three meals. When I found out they cant "OD" on it, I got really aggressive with the stuff. I think it took Trouble 3 weeks to recover. But we DID catch his diabetes early. I dont know if that made any difference.
    Starting a new prayer for Peeka today.;):bighug:

Peter (Peeka&Boo) likes this.
  4. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

What in particular do you find curious about that reading?

It can and very frequently does. See the substantial drops that Peeka often gets between preshot and +2 - particularly 8 and 12 October AM cycles.

Mogs

5. jt and trouble (GA)

Mogs do you think a slight increase is warranted?

6. Critter Mom

Peter explained in earlier posts that he's in dialogue with his vets about switching insulins at the moment.

Mogs

7. jt and trouble (GA)

Understood

Critter Mom likes this.
  8. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Just that it would be that low later on in the cycle. Looking back at some of her later numbers, it shouldn't be that out of the norm, I suppose it kind of aligns with her normal numbers though, because her pre shots are close to the 300's and that is still a few hours later. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
    insulin change is still on the agenda. I know I had mentioned looking to Lantus, but after speaking with the wife, we like the little bit of flexibility the Prozinc affords us, especially with a baby on the way, on the flip side, being woken up at odd hours of the day and night will allow for additional testing : )

9. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Thanks Diane, this is the one I was looking for. I'm currently using vitacost for Boo, and Zobaline for Peeka. Vitacost is much more affordable, and I don't thing folic acid is expensive either, so this is what I'll be using moving forward, and there is more per capsule with the vitacost brand as well!

10. Critter Mom

Just as the time nadir may occur at different times, so too there can be variations in dose duration from day to day. That's why the need for a goodly amount of BG results so that one can better determine trends in response.

Mogs

11. Bandit's Mom

Bandit's Mom Well-Known Member

We don't have Zobaline here. So I give Bandit locally available methyl B12. 3000mcg - the same strength as Zobaline. I don't bother mixing folic acid - though I am told it is supposed to help absorption. It took 6 months for Bandit's neuropathy to start showing an improvement. I am not sure if it was the methyl B12 or just her numbers coming down that helped!

12. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

Thanks, Mogs. I've been so concerned about trying to capture Nadirs, I hadn't considered the importance of getting tests later on in the cycle. I will definitely do so on Prozinc.

13. Peter (Peeka&Boo)

Peter (Peeka&Boo) Member

From everything I've understood, it's supposedly a combination of both! We had Peeka just on the methyl B12, but in my desperation to get rid of her neuropathy, I'm willing to go the extra mile with the folic acid. Even if it is just for my peace of mind lol. Glad to hear Bandit has made good improvements!

14. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Yes Peter its the same thing, just buy the folic acid in your local supermarket or
    CVS, Walgreen's, etc just do what I said above with the folic acid and crush it up and add it to the Vitacost.Folic acid is cheap whatever is on sale :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.