Peabody PMPS 213 concerned about giving 2u still new at this

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Peabody's mom Dorene, Oct 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peabody's mom Dorene

Peabody's mom Dorene New Member

I was late giving AM dose this morning. But i'm at the 12 hour mark now and the PMPS was 213 lowest yet even though my testing has been sporadic.
    I'm concerned because it's late and i won't be able to monitor him for hypo through the night.

Any thoughts?

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry no one replied last night. I see from your spreadsheet that you only shot 1U last night. I'm glad you did that-- your recent jump from 1 to 2U was a big one, especially since you aren't able to test much. We change doses by only 0.25U at a time, for safety's sake on the way up, and also so that we don't miss the perfect dose.

The 189/213 last night is an encouraging sign! On an AT2 meter, that's getting close to non-diabetic numbers. Peabody probably does need more than 1.0U to get down to those kinds of numbers, but I worry about the 2.0U dose right now. If there's any way you can get more tests in, it will help you to know when you can increase safely.

Peabody is a cutie! Look at that sweet face!

3. Peabody's mom Dorene

Peabody's mom Dorene New Member

Thank you. I did see on here under information (somewhere) that 0.25u is usually how you all handle increases, instead of jumping 1 whole unit. I do love my vet and trust him but he's also not available 24/7 to answer my questions and watch for hypo. I will try testing more through the day.

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Dorene I hope you and Peabody are doing well today.
    Vets dont get a whole lot of training in FD, maybe at best half a days training. Theres just so much to learn in so little time. They have so many animals to cover and so many conditions.... well you get the picture.
    What we have here is MANY years and MANY people who live FD 24/7 365/ Its a collective force of dedicated cat lovers who all have been there done that, when it comes to feline diabetes. We strive to thrive and want you and Peabody to do the same.:bighug:
    jeanne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.