overgrooming issues?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by bobjoh, Mar 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobjoh

bobjoh Member

Hello!

Has anyone had issues with their cats overgrooming once they started insulin? Unfortunately, I changed diet and started insulin at roughly the same time. It's been about 2 months, and one of my girls is licking one of her front legs bald, and it looks like the rear legs are next. She has a lion cut, so it probably took me longer to notice than it should have. :(

I'm assuming a food allergy (switched to FF pates, Dr. Elsey's, and Young Again), but she's always been fed the chicken version of cat foods, and what I'm feeding now still is.

Is insulin allergy even a thing? I've contacted my vet for an appointment, but who knows how long that might take.

Thanks in advance!

2. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

I would lean toward a food allergy before it having anything to do with insulin. She may be allergic to something else in one of the food brands.

bobjoh likes this.
  3. bobjoh

bobjoh Member

I think the Dr. Elsey's is the culprit. Process of elimination on ingredients...egg is the only thing in Dr. Elsey's not in any of the other foods, and it's prominent in the ingredient list (2nd).

Vet appointment tomorrow, but I removed the DE and replaced it with YA, just in case.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.