On the High side, need some help!- Toes Journey

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nicole - Toe's mom, Mar 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole - Toe's mom

Nicole - Toe's mom Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-journey-new-member-2-20.244204/#post-2762355

Hello all!! I am at a loss anymore... I have slowly been increasing Toes insulin. We are currently at 1.75u Prozinc BID. I initially was using SLGS method but this last time used the modified due to his numbers being so high. I can't seem to get him under 200's at all even with the increases. My situation kind of sucks due to my stupid work schedule (long stretches and long shifts) They are listed in my spreadsheet as well... I just don't know what to do anymore... He doesn't go in for his dental extractions until April 22nd... I just feel like I'm hurting him with his numbers staying on the high side for so long... Trying to test for Ketones is hard as well.. I will try today if possible... So far what I have tested has been negative so that's a plus.. He seems to be himself as well, so that is a good thing.. I'm just worried....

2. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

Hi him having dental problems probably is raising his numbers a bit, I do not have experience with Prozinc but it does look like you will probably have to give him an increase on his dose at least until he has his dental done, but given the fact that you are out and not able to monitor him for long periods of time it is better to take it very slow, it is far more dangerous and damaging for them to go hypo than it is to remain a bit high ( luckyly he is nor very high)

Hopefully someone with a bit more experience in Prozinc will take a look soon

Nicole - Toe's mom likes this.
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 25, 2021
  4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m not much help I’m sorry as I don’t use Prozinc.
    Hopefully @Deb & Wink will be along soon.
    Do you offer snacks during the cycles?I know you work long hours but a timed autofeeder is a lifesaver.

5. Nicole - Toe's mom

Thanks. I honestly think I need to bug them about getting him in sooner... I just keep worrying every day..

Veronica & Babu-chiri likes this.
  6. Nicole - Toe's mom

He only gets freeze dried chicken usually. He is a grazer and I add water to his pate to keep it moist. He sometimes gets the Dr Easley chicken dry food sprinkled on top of his wet food so he will eat. It isn't too much. But I try to only give him pate.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  7. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

8. Veronica & Babu-chiri

Veronica & Babu-chiri Well-Known Member

I'll second the auto feeder, is really a life saver, on some of them you can even put a frozen puch under the food plate to keep it fresh or you could freeze a bit of his food and leve it in the auto feeder programing it to open mid day so by the time he gets it it would already be thawn, and he can have a mid day snack that helps them a lot to keep their blood glucose levels more constant

9. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I'd try 2 starting tomorrow

10. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.