Oct 21 Lily AMPS 183 +3=170 +6=212

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Sally and Lily GA, Oct 21, 2021.

1. Sally and Lily GA

Sally and Lily GA Well-Known Member

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/10-12-lily-amps-184-4-275.254165/

Lily is doing well but her glucose is still a little high probably due to an infection. @tiffmaxee I have posted her bloodwork if you want to have a look I would appreciate it. I am thinking her white blood cells are high because of a UTI but not sure. She is on Clavamox since last night and I am giving her a packet of fortiflora daily for her tummy.

Hope everyone has a wonderful safe day!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

2. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Hi. Sorry that I’m just seeing this. I’ll look. It’s interesting that there wasn’t any bacteria but rods present. I bet it’s a kidney infection. That requires a longer time on antibiotics than a normal uti so I would ask about that. She has glucose in her urine so you need to be aggressive at following TR I think. Let me look at her ss.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  3. tiffmaxee

I would increase. She sees green nadirs but too high the rest of the time. If you do decide to increase do everything you can to prevent her going under 40.

Sally and Lily GA likes this.
  4. Sally and Lily GA

Thanks for looking Elise. I will increase in the morning.

5. Sally and Lily GA

I thought bacteria was high.

6. tiffmaxee

The urinalysis says rods but no bacteria. Is that correct? If bacteria was present a culture and sensitivity should have been run to see which antibiotic would work best.

7. tiffmaxee

Sally and Lily GA likes this.