Oc’s bumpy BG

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by nnchaity, Mar 9, 2021.

1. nnchaity

nnchaity New Member

Hi
    I am worried about oc’s BG number.
    Yesterday he was too low AMPs BG50, after food +1BG58. Had to go to work so dint do insulin asking the vet’s they said not to.
    at night PMPS came 346, did 4unit as per advised.
    Now today I had work so had to drop him off at his vet for observation all day. After all day his vet advised to continue 4units if vetsulin. His PMPS is 111. AMPS was 297, at vets +2 BG246, +4 &+7 BG107. The vet advised to continue 4units. Isn’t 4units gonna be too much dose right now? I just doing 2units now. Please help me tell me its okay or not?

I wish could just upload his check in reports that I bring with me today from vet’s couldn’t be able to update the spreadsheet all the way to the start , so that experts could see & tell me what to do now.
    sorry I feel too nervous.
    Don’t even know if I am communicating right. If i should write here or other thread.

2. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

You've never given a shot when he was this low, so it's hard to know. Definitely do NOT give the full 4U, I fear that would be too much.

You've already given 2U? It may be ok, but please keep an eye on OC. Test hourly from +1 to +4 at a minimum.

If you haven't given the shot yet, I'd advise another skip. Please check for ketones, especially if he has a history of DKA.

Do you have a hypo toolkit? Medium and high carb food? Any honey, syrup, or even ice cream?

If he drops below 75 in the +1 to +4 timeframe, please post in the Main Forum asking for help. If he drops below 65, flag it as a 911 to be safe. Vetsulin can hit very hard and very fast, and does not leave much time to protect against hypo.

nnchaity likes this.
  3. nnchaity

nnchaity New Member

I did 2 units already. Yes I am keeping eyes on him. I will test again ..& will keep posted. yes I have medium carb treat, honey, syrup at home.
    Do you suggest me to post this on main forum again ?

Becca84 likes this.
  4. nnchaity

nnchaity New Member

Have added this to the main forum please ignore this one. Thanks