Numbers below 150 consistently PMPS

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by pedeysmom, Apr 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pedeysmom

pedeysmom New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm hoping I finally have enough information for advice on this - we've had a lot of success with Pedey eating more of his wet food during the day and for the last few evenings all his PMPS numbers have been below 150.

We reduced dose to 2 per tiff's advice and are moving home out of the Airbnb tomorrow so are planning to do a BG curve on Monday or Tuesday once the excitement of traveling that 9 minutes wears off; hoping that gives us more numbers.

We have not been shooting once we get the PMPS below 150 - just wanted to confirm that makes sense? We are still leaving some Dr. Elsey's dry out overnight so I'm thinking that's why the lower numbers for PMPS over the higher (but still not high - not above 200) AMPS.

Thank you all again for everything. This forum and all of you are absolutely the best thing to come out of this diagnosis and we are feeling a lot better about helping Pedey because of you all.

2. pedeysmom

pedeysmom New Member

@tiffmaxee @FrostD

Sorry for tagging you both but you've been so helpful (among lots of others) - I'm worried we are skipping too many doses due to the sub-150 pre-shot numbers. Do you think we should skip tonight (we shoot at 8pm EST). Little guy (lol 18 lb little guy) was hungry so snacked right after we tested today so I'm not sure a retest will give us an accurate assessment. Does it matter if we retest after he eats and scores above 150?

FrostD likes this.
  3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Don't apologize for tagging me. That's exactly what we hope you will do. I will look at your spreadsheet and be back.

FrostD likes this.
  4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

We don't know how low 2 units is taking him. To see if you can shoot every cycle I would reduce the dose to 1.75. It still might be too much with the food change but let's see. Will you be able to get a test each cycle around +6 or +7? Then do a curve when you return home. This is very encouraging that even with skipping the bg is doing pretty well.

FrostD likes this.
  5. pedeysmom

pedeysmom New Member

Thanks so much! Will try that. Just got a prescription for a lantus pen so we can better measure the doses and we've got some half unit syringes so hopefully we can get relatively accurate until we get the pen.

6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Are the syringes you have got the U100 3/10 syringes with the 1/2 unit markings. They have an orange cap and go up to 30 units.

7. pedeysmom

pedeysmom New Member

Yes they are!

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.