Nudi was in remission, now not doing well-

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Sudio3, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Sudio3

Sudio3 Member

Hello,
    Nudi has been in remission for a little over 3 months. He was diagnosed with "mild" pancreititis about a month back but was still in remission. I had the vet give him a shot of pain meds for the pancreatitis but it just made him loopy and his eyes were dilated and he didn't seem like himself so I didn't give any more pain meds after that. It honestly didn't seemed like it helped much. He's always eaten so I didn't give him anti-nausea meds and he didn't seem dehydrated so I didn't get him fluids. I got an ultrasound a few weeks ago of his belly and nothing was found to be a problem. They did say his liver was a little enlarged but weren't concerned. He now has a drippy left eye and is limping on his right leg pretty badly. I have a vet appointment on Tuesday and I'm going to try to get this changed for Monday. Last night his sugar was 295 and tonight was 250 (when he was in remission it was always in the 100's). He seems like he is definitely not feeling well and he looks in rough shape too. I'm wondering if I should give him a low dose of insulin (.5?) to see if that helps him feel better? Also how do I know if his pancreatitis has gotten worse? Does this go into remission? The previous labs to test for pancreatitis were really expensive. I was under the impression that there were flare ups but then it would go away? I will post on the general forum about the pancreatitis as well. Thank you for any information you have that may be helpful.

I wanted to add the pain med that was given was liquid Buprenex .2 twice a day (he only got one dose) and also that I have been giving him b12 shots for 6 weeks (we are on week 5) and it seemed to be really helping.

Thank you!

Last edited: Oct 26, 2019
  2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Please do post out on the Main Health forum so this gets noticed and you get some input. I am so sorry Nudi isn't feeling well. You might add what pain medication, what dosage and what form (pill/liquid).

3. Sudio3

Sudio3 Member

Ok thank you. Yes it's very sad I'm just not sure what to do. Thank you for your support. The pain meds are liquid and is Buprenex .2ml twice a day (he only got one dose though) I also forgot to mention we've been giving him B12 shots once a week for 6 weeks (we are on week 5) and it did seem to be helping a lot. I will update my original posts.

Thank you!