Novolin help-Keep dose or lower?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jajsmom, Jul 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jajsmom

Jajsmom Member

Jasper's number seem to be coming down lately with the 2.25 units. Sometimes a little too low during +4 or +5 at night. Should I move him back to 2 units you think? This part is still confusing to me.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

If you are hitting the 40's on this dose, then it's too high a dose. So yes, lower the dose.

You might want to take a look at the dosing section of the Novolin guide. It says to reduce the dose by 0.25 units any time you see a number below 90.

3. Jajsmom

Jajsmom Member

I dropped Jasper to 2 units last night. He just tested 67 at +3. I'm suspecting he'll drop again in the next hour or two. I know I should only decrease .25 at a time, but wondering if I should go to 1.75 units. Is it possible to do 2 in the morning and 1.75 at night or is best to stay the same(which I'm believing is what should be done)? Would it be bad to drop to 1.75 in a short period of time? I looked at the Novolin page and it said a lower dose may be required. Whenever I post on the Novolin board, I don't get much of a response. I did just give him a little pate in hopes his number will rise in the next hour. I usually give him a tiny amount before bed. He's always still hungry. On the bright side, I am getting lots of green lately, especially at night which leaves me to believe his does needs to be lowered so he doesn't drop too low. Any advice? Thanks

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Sorry, not much help with Novolin. Maybe add "Novolin help" to the subject line to draw eyes of someone with experience. Though it does look like 2.0 might be too much too.

5. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Yes, definitely drop the dose again. Jasper earns a reduction every time he drops below 90 no matter what. He earned a reduction back on the 23rd actually so you were a little late reducing to 2, and then he earned another reduction the 26th. Just remember - under 90, reduce again. Congrats. :)

jt and trouble (GA) and Jajsmom like this.
  6. Jajsmom

Jajsmom Member

Just tested again. Only droped a few. Think the pate helped. I think he's good for the night. I will do 1.75 in the AM. Thank you.

jt and trouble (GA) and Panic like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.