Newly Diagnosed First @Home Training In an Hour

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Susan G & Jimmy G, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susan G & Jimmy G

Susan G & Jimmy G Member

What a fantastic resource! I am grateful for this forum. Thank you. Jimmy, our 10 year old, 20 lb boy was diagnosed last week with Diabetes (400). Today the vet is coming over to go over what we need to do to. I have the glucose meter and strips, the syringes, etc. He is not a lap kitty - so my plan is to make this as non fuss as much as possible. No towel wrapping, no wrestling. He has been on 100% wet food only for nearly 4 years. For the past 6 mos he has been eating Nature's Instinct, which in my book is one of the best foods out there. I pray and hope he reacts to the insulin, drops a few lbs and lives a good healthy quality of life for another ten. Again, grateful for this platform and all the wealth of knowledge here.

Yong & Maury GA and JanetNJ like this.
  2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

HI Susan welcome to you and Jimmy! Great you are learning to home test and I agree less fuss is best. We can help you with any questions you have on testing, feeding, etc. Just come to the Main Health Forum and ask.

4. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.