New to this and need help!

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Crystal miles, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Crystal miles

Crystal miles New Member

Hey guys so I’m trying to figure this out. Whisker my sugar cat has been on three units of vetsulin two times a day after his food since March and has been completely fine... well now his numbers have gone down and I’m confused as to what todo. He hasn’t had any insulin since Sunday because he’s just too low when I test. This morning on a pet meter he was at 175 before food. After food he is now at 165. My vet has told me if under 200 do not give insulin. Can anyone help with what I should do? Also my vet has been exposed to COVID and I don’t have her right now.

2. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Hi Crystal! Do you have any test numbers you can show us? It sounds like Whisker is trying to get off the insulin!

Your vet is correct, no insulin under 200 for now. It sounds like his pancreas is trying to work on its own. What food is he eating?

Would you be willing to set up a spreadsheet for us, to fill in the test numbers? We can check the pattern and decide what to do next. :)
    Spreadsheet Instructions (if it's too confusing we can have a mod set it up for you)