New to the forum with my Big Boy

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by lovemybigboy, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lovemybigboy

lovemybigboy New Member

Hi,
    One of my kitties Big Boy got diagnosed with diabetes on March 1st, 2018. He is about 14 years old. We started insulin the next day.
    I noticed his back legs giving out on him and loosing weight despite him eating a lot. So I took him to the vet. He got diagnosed and I cut out immediately all dry food. I know it will be a long road to recovery. I wished I would have noticed the signs earlier. I m so worried about his hind legs. He has developed really bad neuropathy and he can barely walk. I already put him on the b12, it's making his stools quite dark. I hope this is normal. I did a curve yesterday but I haven't figured out how to post that yet.

beggargirl likes this.
  2. cmonmiracle

cmonmiracle Member

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! Come to the Main Health forum and tell us more about Big Boy, we can help.

4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. The Main Health subforum is the place to look for answers, including neuropathy. Don't be afraid of the search bar, a lot of stuff is common in diabetic cats and has already been discussed.

Don't get discouraged. My Leo had devastating neuropathy. The key to resolution is:
    - blood glucose regulation
    - B12 supplements
    - exercise

Long story short, he was almost ready for "the big decision". And several months later he was back to 90%. Now he is almost 100%. You can do it too.

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

You need a b12 methylcobalamin supplement for his hind leg neuropathy. Try zobaline which you can buy on amazon.

6. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

Just wanted to say welcome & this is a fine group of very knowledgeable peeps!!

Magic Johnson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.