New paper on: Cabergoline treatment in cats with diabetes mellitus and hypersomatotropism

Discussion in 'Acromegaly / IAA / Cushings Cats' started by Larry and Kitties, Feb 11, 2022.

1. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Authors: Diego D Miceli, Jorge D García, Gustavo A Pompili, Juan P Rey Amunategui, Sergio Ferraris, Omar P Pignataro, Mirtha Guitelman
    Published in: Journal of Feline Medicine and Surgery 2022 February 8, : 1098612X221074924
    CONCLUSIONS AND RELEVANCE: Cabergoline was effective in normalizing IGF-1 concentration in 26% of cats. Cabergoline improved diabetes control and was associated with remission of DM in 35% of cases. Cabergoline could be a treatment option for cats with HST and DM, especially in those cases with a relatively small pituitary tumor.
    Link:https://read.qxmd.com/read/35133181...with-diabetes-mellitus-and-hypersomatotropism

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Awesome find Larry! Blows the findings of the much smaller RVC study out of the water. I'm glad the researchers from South America got their research published.

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  3. FrostD

FrostD Well-Known Member

Just passed this along to my vet. I was just searching acro articles yesterday, glad you found this!

4. Zelda & Walter

Zelda & Walter Well-Known Member

Thank you! I’m having trouble convincing my vet that we want to try Cabergoline— maybe this will help.

Breelynne likes this.
  5. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Larry, how do you get the full text of this article? All I can get is the abstract (apart from paying $75.00).

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Full paper attached.

Attached Files:

MisterBillie and FrostD like this.
  7. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member