New Member-So Many Questions!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kiwi&Kayla, Mar 16, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiwi&Kayla

Kiwi&Kayla New Member

Hi everyone, new member here! I am a student who just recently found out my little Kiwi was diagnosed with diabetes last thursday. The amount information has been overwhelming, but after doing some more research I think I got my questions answered! So now that my questions are answered, just here to say hello!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2021
    Ann & Scatcats likes this.
  2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Bumping your post up to the top of the list.

Welcome.

3. Ann & Scatcats

Ann & Scatcats Well-Known Member

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Kiwi amd Kayla and welcome to the forum.
    We are happy to answer any questions you may have.
    Can you tell us what type of insulin Kiwi is on and the dose please?
    Are you feeding a low carb diet.?
    I’m sending you a link with useful information in it including a link to the hypo kit. Make sure you have one set up as if you need it you don’t want to be looking for things to use.https://felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/new-how-you-can-help-us-help-you.216696/

5. Kiwi&Kayla

Kiwi&Kayla New Member

Hi thank you for responding! Kiwi is on PZ at 2 units once a day and I just brought her in for testing and the vet gave me the go ahead to give her the 2 units twice a day. I am currently feeding her the Purina DM 1/2 before every insulin shot and allowing her small meals of dry food (automatically dispensed) when I'm not home.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.