New member in need of help!!

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Nicole - Toe's mom, Feb 11, 2021.

1. Nicole - Toe's mom

Nicole - Toe's mom Member

Hello all! So my kitty has been on Prozinc for a few years now. Current dose is supposed to be 4.5u BID. I started testing him at home (last night was first time). His PMPS was 111 so his insulin was NOT given. So I tested him this morning at 0700 (EST) and his AMPS was 178. So now that I have to feed him, I am unsure whether or not to give him any insulin... Should I start at 0.5u and then test throughout the day to see where his numbers are. I'm so overwhelmed again now bc I should have started this earlier. I'm probably being too hard on myself, but I'm trying to be better....

Shelley & Jess likes this.
  2. Nicole - Toe's mom

Also, I have a dentist appointment at 1130 today. I will test him before I leave to make sure all is well and then continue to test when I get home...

3. Shelley & Jess

Shelley & Jess Member

I recommend sticking to just the one thread in Feline Health (Welcome & Main) for now to avoid any confusion:
    New Member 2/10/2021

There are more people to help new members there (the Prozinc ISG can be pretty quiet at times)

I'll keep an eye out for you in Feline Health and I see @Bron and Sheba (GA) and @Bandit's Mom have already popped in with some great information :)

Welcome to FDMB!

Bandit's Mom likes this.
  4. Nicole - Toe's mom

Thank you so much! This forum is a little overwhelming so I wasn't sure. I will keep to the other post so I don't cause confusion. Thank you!!