New Member - Celli Sugarcat

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Heather Zink, Nov 6, 2023.

1. Heather Zink

Heather Zink New Member

Hi there!

I would like to start off thanking everyone for this community is have given me some relief in this new crazy journey of feline diabetes. I need some help with creating a spreadsheet...I think I mostly get it...but I didn't see some tabs like template down on the bottom after I saved the copy and renamed. I'm not sure if I did the tan cells at the top correctly. I'm also not sure about the SLGS or TR...

Otherwise, am having a pretty difficult time feeling like I've got a handle on things and once I have the spreadsheet, I would definitely love some help looking over it. Also...Celli's treatment unfortunately has not been very consistent in the whirlwind, which is a bit disappointing, so I may need some help with entering information where there are different doses and at different times of day...

Thank you!

Celli's mom, Heather

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Those are dosing methods, but for a different type of insulin. Prozinc also has two dosing methods listed here. Start Low, Go Slow or Modified Prozinc Method. We usually suggest starting on the SLGS method until you get some more data and understand how treatment works.

You have to open it from Google Drive. If you click on the link you saved in your signature, you won't be able to edit it.

It will help if you'll do your "Signature". You just open your Signature (like you did for your spreadsheet link) and add some basic information so we don't have to keep asking the same questions over and over.

Usually we like: Your name/Cats name, age, sex, date of diagnosis, type of insulin, type of meter, any other health problems or meds? and at the end, the link to your spreadsheet.

We usually leave the first one as "Diagnosed: 10/31/23", and the one below should have "Current insulin: Prozinc but it's not life or death. We understand what you have entered.

There's lots of good information in this "Help us to help you" post.

3. Heather Zink

Heather Zink New Member

I have some numbers in there now...It is definitely a bit chaotic because his dose changed a lot and so did the time administered. :( I feel like I'm doing a bad job, but I'm so overwhelmed constantly and always trying to do the best thing for my kitty. I so look forward to someone helping me look this over...though I'm not sure you get the full picture by looking at the spreadsheet...

4. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

OK...yeah, you've changed the dose too much to really know what's going on. It's also so early in treatment. It was a good 5-6 months before China started to have some kind of pattern.

I'd hold the 1U dose for now and keep it there for 5-7 days unless he drops below 90 at any time. (go over the Prozinc methods linked in my comment above)

The Libre has its good points, but it also has some bad ones. The worst one is that at lower numbers, it's not very accurate so you should have a regular blood glucose meter so you can re-check. We've had Libre's say a cat was in the 40's but when retested with a regular meter, was actually in the 90's. There's a drastic difference in what you'd do depending on which number was actually correct!

It will also be helpful for you to post in the Main Health Forum instead of here for now. This forum doesn't get near as much activity as the Main forum does. (any time the text is in blue, that's an active link to take you to information you might need or explanations on something you have a question about)