New here, please help

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by rowley978, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

It will probably take a day or two before you see any difference... So maybe start on say Thursday morning? That way it will have kicked in for Saturday

Any chance I can persuade you to get an extra test in every day, before bed? It would provide so much more info...

2. rowley978

rowley978 Member

Hello all

If anyone is out there this early, could you give me a bit of advice?

I did the curve last weekend, and it seemed we should raise Maggy up to .75 units. I didnt want to do it on Monday due to me not being around to monitor, so we figured I'd start Thursday. Well, I started yesterday because I just felt he would be alright. He's acted totally normal and been fine, but this morning his number is 96. I'm just not sure if I should shoot considering I didn't do a curve . This tells me that I should have just waited until Friday to do this so I could do a curve Saturday. BUT , this is the reality right now. I'm going to hold off feeding and retest in about 45 minutes (when I need to leave for work) and make a determination then. I figure if he's not above 100, I should probably hold off all together?

Thanks

3. rowley978

rowley978 Member

Ok, so , see my last post, and then read this.

I did a test 45 min after that 95, and i got a 90. Then I did one 20 min later and got 82. I"m skipping this morning because I can't monitor anymore and I need to leave.

Expecting to be high tonight? Still .75 tonight ?

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

It may be high tonight. That's expected when you skip.

Or ... it might be low if the pancreas has started kicking in again. Sometimes that happens.

5. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

Skipping was the right decision. He will likely be high tonite as a result though and I would give the 0.75 again - and get a before bed test for sure!! Its great to see a green but we need to do some tests to make sure he isnt going too low.

Can you start a new thread tonite? I missed the 911 because it was hidden in here. Also we are running to 5 pages!

Wendy

6. rowley978

rowley978 Member

Just started a new post called "Maggy's status page"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.