Need to do curve

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sue Maus and Marky, Oct 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sue Maus and Marky

Sue Maus and Marky Member

Hi everyone. I know it's been a long time since I've posted. I have just been doing so poorly with my fibromyalgia and neuralgia, and due to that, I just don't feel like I've been the best cat mama. I've been dealing with a lot of guilt, and not just over Marky's care. He's getting his injections, but I admit I've been lax on glucose monitoring, and I need to do a curve. If I can't figure out how to get myself to stay up and alert enough to do this, I'll have to consider the Libre, as I know how important this is. I've still only managed readings before injections, and they are generally between 260-280 on the Relion Prime.

I want to make sure if I do this on my own, I do it properly. It's before the morning injection than every 2 hours over 12 hours, right. I'm so foggy I KNOW there MUST be a chart here or a thread, but finding it... What is the feeding schedule while you do this? I have been leaving food down for him almost constantly because he will beg if you don't...even if he doesn't touch it. It's like a security blanket for him. There's times I toss almost an entire serving of Sheba. Pick up the bowl, though, and expect to hear him at least every 15 minutes.

2. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

I’m sorry to hear you haven’t been feeling well :(

we can only do the best we can so don’t beat yourself up!

ye, the curve means you test every 2 hours starting with the amps. Food is only an issue before the preshot tests. The preshot numbers you’ve been getting are pretty decent so it will be interesting to see how low he’s going during the day. How is the behavior? Does he seem like he’s feeling better?

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  3. Sue Maus and Marky

His litter has been sticky again in the last week or so. He's been doing better as far as wanting to play again. He seems pretty much like his old self. He ALWAYS wants fed even when he has food available, but that's not exactly something new. He probably wants to go back to his gravies and his dry food, and that's not happening. We have been supplementing his food with cooked boneless, skinless chicken breasts that only gets water added during cooking. My husband is off on Thursday, so I'm going to try to do the curve then. Thanks for the info and the support. I don't know WHY I beat myself up. The fibro already does a fine job of that. I feel I'm failing him, but that's not exactly so. The person that surrendered him 3 1/2 years ago and subjected him to 5 months of life spent in a noisy, bright pet store where most of his time was in a plexiglass-fronted box that was hardly bigger than he is did that. And he would have spent at least a month less in that box had I not been healing from a knee fracture. I didn't think I would be doing right by him until I could move around and get up and down steps OK. And now there's this. Yes, it bothers me. I can't help it.

4. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Sue))))) Doing the best we can always feels like we could have done more. Even when you have the best of vets and perfect health. I tell you what. Try spending 3 mins on beating yourself up. After that spend 5 mins telling yourself,"This is going to work. We can do this" every day spend a little more time being your own cheerleader.
    If you feel like youre failing, come here for added support. We do cheer leading very well!;)

WE CAN DO THIS!:bighug:

jeanne

5. Sue Maus and Marky

Thanks. I just emailed my vet. I told her why I didn't do the curve, even after telling the receptionist that called. When I was there last, the vet spent a LOT of time with me, and even stressed that I need to take care of ME, too. Still, I wanted to let her know what was happening. I told her about flaring, and that I would try to do this on 1 of my husband's next 2 days off. My husband just learned at my not-too-polite insistence to do the injections a few days ago. He still doesn't do the ear pokes, and can't really handle when I do them, as he's a wuss around needles and acts more like I'm trying to kill the cat than the cat acts thinks I'm trying to do exactly that. Marky's tolerating that a lot better, but you have to catch him first. THAT is where I need the help, and also someone to make sure I'm up every 2 hours. Sleep with this fibro means I can "sleep" a lot. I say that with quotation marks as I can spend hours in bed but am probably only actually sleeping 1/3 of that or less. I tend to sleep a lot during the day, and survive on naps. I wish money wasn't such an issue, or I'd just move ahead with the Libre. I told the vet if I can't get a curve done within a week, I will have to do just that. The car is up for inspection the end of next month. It will just have to understand and not be so needy. LOL

6. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

DANG SELFISH CARS! :p:smuggrin::D

7. Sue Maus and Marky

Indeed! This one isn't nearly as bad as the last one. Everything has been wear and tear so far. It's a 2015 Nissan Altima. The last car was a 2009 Chevy HHR. That was a great car for things like flea markets or hauling smaller furniture, but a mechanical nightmare. It seemed every month or so we were replacing a light, for one thing. I heard it was an issue with HHR's. And they were one of the few cars where you had to just about have the front end taken apart to get to the headlight assembly.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.