Need suggestions for night time feeding

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Lisa and Witn (GA), Sep 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

So far Charlie and the other cats are getting along with other. Occasionally there may be a few hisses between them, but no fights or aggression.

He has access to the whole house during the day, but at night he is kept in the spare bedroom. The only reason he is kept in there is because I have a timed feeder to give him a meal in the middle of the night. I want to let him him have access to the whole house all of the time but need to find a way to keep the other cats out of his food when the feeder opens.

A microchip feeder will keep the other cats out of the food, but will not keep Charlie from eating his food too early. Does anyone have any suggestions that will keep the other cats out of his food but also will prevent Charlie from eating it up too early?

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

That's a hard question. When is shot time? Depending on when you shoot, you may be awake prior to nadir. If so, just give Charlie his PM snack before you go to sleep.

BTW, do you want to consider posting on the Lantus board.

3. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

Shot time is not until 8:00 pm. I set the timer to open around 12:30. But since Cracker and Indie think that any bowl that has food belongs to them I need to find a way to keep them out of it.

I thought since many of us have multiple cats, someone may have found a solution that works for them. Since this is not insulin specific I thought the Health board was a better place to post this question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.