Need help with dose, under no shoot number

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by ranman, Jul 27, 2019.

1. ranman

ranman Member

Good morning last night I did a test and it came in very low 37 so I did not shoot. I retested this am and his number was 114. I didn’t shoot this am either. Should I just keep testing and if it goes over 200 shoot?
    Any suggestions for dose? Currently at 2.5(per vet) thanks

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

37 is FAR too low so the dose of insulin definitely needs to be reduced however without any data to look at it's difficult to say how much it should be reduced. I'm glad you did not give insulin both last night and this morning. That 37 could make Dipper more sensitive to insulin. His BG may be higher right now due to a natural phenomenon called bouncing but that bouncing will clear and his BG will come back down within the next few cycle so don't be
    We are very data driven here and without seeing what Dipper's numbers look like for the past week or 2, it's impossible to give you any precise advice.
    We have a wonderful spreadsheet that automatically colour codes readings giving you the ability to quickly see the pattern of BG readings. If you would like to set one up, here are the INSTRUCTIONS and THIS document, tells you how to use the spreadsheet. If you need help, just holler.

In the meantime, if you could quickly summarize a few days of readings here, we can see what's been going on and try to help you get Dipper sorted.