Need help w dosing

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by JenaThompson, Aug 22, 2020.

1. JenaThompson

JenaThompson Member

Opi’s numbers have been way better lately. Is there a no shoot number I should be shooting for. This morning he was 125 so I did give him a skinny dose since I don’t want to just skip shots anymore. I will def be test today and watching.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  2. NoahFL

NoahFL Member

150 was generally my no shoot number (pet meter). You’ve got some great numbers going, :)

JenaThompson and Deb & Wink like this.
  3. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

It kind of depends on if you will be around to monitor.
    It also depends on how well you know what your cat will do on the insulin dose.

You might try a 0.5U fat dose.
    You've been on the 0.5U dose for quite some time, and not seeing greens at mid-cycle.
    You want to see those greens, to give Opi's pancreas time to heal and start producing insulin on it's own

JenaThompson and NoahFL like this.
  4. JenaThompson

JenaThompson Member

Ok sounds good.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  5. JenaThompson

JenaThompson Member

Do u also think I am testing enough or am I doing it too much if that’s a thing.

Deb & Wink likes this.
  6. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

There are some people that test way more than you are doing Jena.

Where you are missing testing, is in the nighttime cycle. Many cats drop lower at night, as they are more active and burning up more energy with their activity.

So, do you think you could get a consistent "before bed" test every night? If you are not away at work that is.
    Some people even set an alarm now and then, to test later in the night. It depends if you are able to get back to sleep or not, and if your cat is going lower in the cycle.
    Low numbers need a bit more monitoring.

7. JenaThompson

JenaThompson Member

I will make sure I get at least 1-2 more at night. We are watching Him tonight Since we upped his dose just a little. We are at +4 right now and we are sitting at 99

Deb & Wink likes this.