Need help, low pmps!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Harold Kunzli, Oct 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harold Kunzli

Harold Kunzli Member

Not sure what to do here. Harold was at 8.9 mmol/l at his usual pmps. So I decided to stall for 25 ish minutes, and he has gone down to 7.2 mmol/l. I can only stall another 15 min before it will mess up my morning shot.
    Do I give a reduced dose or just skip? Should I feed him or wait? Harold is definitely getting annoyed that he hasn't had dinner.

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Harold Kunzli likes this.
  3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Can you test tonight and have plenty of supplies? (also, please keep your spreadsheet updated as much as you can)

4. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

5. Harold Kunzli

Harold Kunzli Member

My spreadsheet should be up to date. I put that info in the comments as I wasn't sure where else I would put it.. I will only be up for another 2 hours or so.

6. Harold Kunzli

Harold Kunzli Member

@Chris & China (GA)
    Just tested again, hes at 7.9
    I need to give him his a.m shot in 12 hours in order to be able to leave for work on time. So... should I skip? Or would it be safe to give like 1 unit?

7. Chris & China (GA)

As long as there's no history of ketones, it's probably OK to skip tonight since you're on such a tight schedule for morning.

You could also give a token dose like .5 just to give some insulin support and test again in 2 hours. The food should also prop up his BG by then.

8. Harold Kunzli

Harold Kunzli Member

Okay thank you. I'm going to give .5 tonight and test again in a few hours to make sure he will be okay.
    Starting to see lower numbers a lot, I know it's good but it's making me nervous haha!

9. Chris & China (GA)

You can put them in the PMPS cell and "stack" them. Like "8.5 @+12, 7.2 @12.25, 7.9 @ 12.75"...the cell will expand to fit but you'll have to color code it yourself. If you get tests with different colors, the color you choose should always be the one that's the most significant..

If you end up stalling for an hour, you'd add that number like ### @+13 so the rest of the + cells still correspond to the number of hours since the shot.

There's a smaller example of "stacking" on China's spreadsheet on July 1, 2018 in the +4 cell. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...YnBXsn4CMEYcHC9xhNbYWHQyA/edit#gid=1538003274

Diane Tyler's Mom likes this.
  10. Chris & China (GA)

Pretty soon, those blue and green numbers become addictive!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.