need dosing advice asap

Discussion in 'Caninsulin / Vetsulin and N / NPH' started by Squalliesmom, Sep 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Squallie has been having some crazy numbers lately. I had upped his dose several days ago because he was giving me numbers in the 4- and 5-hundreds. Then tonight his PMPS was 160, so i stalled for 1/2 hr and tested again, and he was 185.

Can I give him a reduced dose tonight, and if so, what should it be? I'm afraid if I skip it altogether he will be back up in the 500s in the morning.

2. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

That's very different than what he's been doing isn't it! I think I'd do a reduced dose of .75 or 1.0. He'll likely be up in the 500's tomorrow from a bounce.

Oksana and Squalliesmom like this.
  3. Squalliesmom

Thank you! That's pretty much what I thought, too, but I don't like to do anything I can't undo without checking with members like you who have a lot more experience than me! I don't understand why his numbers have been so crazy, that 160 was the last thing I expected to see tonight!

Oksana likes this.
  4. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

While it's fresh, try to note everything you did today - food, timing, etc...might help spot a pattern later.

Oksana and Squalliesmom like this.
  5. Squalliesmom

That's the funny thing, I didn't do anything different today from any other day! The only thing that was different was that his FF lunch was Turkey and Giblets, I usually reserve that for my girl with IBD. I don't know why that would make a difference, all the FF I feed is under 5% carbs. Everything else was exactly like every other day, go figure!

6. zzyzzx

zzyzzx Member

I seem to find the Turkey and Giblets has less carbs.

Oksana likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.