Need advice, cat glucose getting lower

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Aili, Oct 10, 2023.

1. Aili

Aili Member

Hi, My cat glucose reading specially at the pm have been getting lower, he usually had higher numbers just before morning just when the PM dose wears off.

since a couple of weeks, his pm numbers are getting lower, I don't want to give him insulin if he's lower than 160, so I been skipping some of his pm doses ,with good results, since his numbers keep falling at night even with no insulin, although they are higher at morning like frequently, for some reason his glucose rises up a lot from 5 pm to 8 am, although now it doesn't rise as much as he used to, even skipping his dose.

My question exactly is, if I'm doing well skipping the dose when he is in the 150's, I wouldn't want it to be bad for him in the long run, I don't know if skippings a dose means he's better and/or that he could get worse if i'm skipping doses unnecessarily.

I'm open to suggestions, you probably need more testing to give me an opinion, so I'm open to that too.

Thanks in advance

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

I would like to study his spreadsheet more tomorrow on my big computer screen and not on this phone (which makes it difficult to track.). I do think it would be valuable information if we had some more mid-cycle tests to see what is happening during the day. Okay? I’m about to go to sleep (United States Eastern time zone) but I wanted you to know that I saw your post and will try to help.

3. Aili

Aili Member

Thanks a lot , I'll start taking some tests tomorrow during the morning mid cycle.