Natural medication availability

Dino and Marbles

Member Since 2026
Hi. I'm curious to know if there is any natural herbal supplement that can be given to a diabetic cat. I ask because there are natural foods and herbs we, human beings, can consume to lower our glucose level. For instance, we can blend onion and carrots and with a cheesecloth squeeze the liquid and drink two teaspoons to lower our blood glucose level. It's something my mother and I discovered. I know we can't give cats so many things but is there natural herbs we can give as a supplement.
 
I am not familiar with your concern, however, just as a human that has diabetes, a diabetic cat should have a diet of wet can low carb foods between 010% carbs as well as several small meals or snack during the day, I will tag a member that could be very knowledgeable to your concern 🫶
@Sienne and Gabby (GA)
 
I would check to see if there's a reputable holistic vet or a vet school in your area. I'm very reticent to suggest supplements. We just had an incident where an MD suggested supplements to several cardiac patients and the person on our team with a doctorate in pharmacy pointed out that the supplements would have had a negative interaction with the person's cardiac medications.
 
Thank you so much for responding. I am just curious and trying to help Dino out as much as I can. I really appreciate you.
 
Back
Top