Mycatloveseveryone needs help

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Mycatloveseveryone, Aug 20, 2019.

1. Mycatloveseveryone

Mycatloveseveryone New Member

HI everyone,
    Thank you for being my number one source for helping to bring my cats BG level down... I have had to take things into my own hands because I did not see my cat making any progress being put on prozinc 3 units and being fed WD MD wet and dry food for the past 3 months. He gained 3lbs and his numbers shot up to the 600s. This past July and August I started switching him over in to tiki cat wet food On his 2 day of that and Mature Health Zero dry food I saw his blood glucose drop by almost 200 points and by 100 points at mid cycle. There's been a couple people on here that have been supportive of his case so far. I am completely grateful for their support and help... I have attached his spreadsheet to my signature please advise me how to proceed and am I going in the right direction?

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Hi. Has everything been added to the spreadsheet? I see very few test results. Without more data, it is not really possible to see the impact of the insulin and to recommend anything.

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Is it possible for you to test before you give the morning injection? That's going to help members see how the insulin is working from the beginning of the cycle to the end of the cycle. That's the AMPS column, which just means morning pre-shot.

Changing the diet is a good thing, and being able to get as much testing data as possible is going to show how that is working for Kitty. But it might not be enough alone to help Kitty's blood sugar become more regulated.

It would also be great if you can post more often and let us know how things are going..if not on a daily basis, at least every couple of days. Many members do post every day to get feedback. And then the spreadsheet can be reviewed by the experienced members and recommendations made if the Prozinc dose should be increased and by how much.

We want Kitty to feel better too, and see consistently lower BG numbers, going from those high blacks to reds, then pinks, yellows, lovely blues and optimal greens. Sometimes it takes time for this all to happen, but testing and communicating with the board consistently is going to help you and Kitty get where you want to be.

Best wishes and hope to see much more of you on the board:cat:

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Glad things are going better with the diet change