My spreadsheet is impossible to use, could someone please help?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by PatJ, Sep 15, 2019.

1. PatJ

PatJ Member

I don't know why my spreadsheet has suddenly gone mad, but it has locked up and won't move.A little square note appeared in the bottom corner saying something about the browser or something being frozen. I know nothing about computers, I've been trying for the last hour to make the spreadsheet bigger (it has become smaller and the little thing at the side that the mouse clicks on to go up and down has disappeared) and gave up. I'm scared to press too many buttons in case I delete any data. Also, last night one of my cats sat on the keys while I left it unattended for about ten minutes and managed to delete all the columns from October to the end of the year. Can't remember too well because I can't get into it to check. Don't know how to get that back either! Haven't got a clue what to do and just hope that it can be fixed?! I don't think that the cat has done all the damage because today I've managed to put data in before it all went haywire. Would be very grateful for any advice.

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

I know nothing about spreadsheets. Yours looks okay to me. Last entry was today's 20.6 at +3. Tagging @Marje and Gracie for you.

3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Not sure if this will help....Try changing the zoom level in your browser settings. I have had messages on mine saying the sheet could not be displayed properly or something to that effect and changing the browser zoom level fixed it.

4. PatJ

PatJ Member

Thanks for replying.:) There's nothing wrong with the spreadsheet, just that it's frozen in January and I can't move it and the cat sat on the keyboard last night and deleted all the columns from October till the end of the year. For some reason this month appears in three lines right at the bottom so I can put data in at the moment. I too, know nothing about spreadsheets! Or anything technical come to that! Thanks for tagging Marje and Gracie for me. She's a genius. Thanks again.

5. PatJ

PatJ Member

Hi, MrWorfMen's Mom,

I've tried that and it didn't make any difference.:( Knowing zilch about computers, I was worried about deleting all the data, but I did try for about an hour and it's still frozen into January. Didn't dare try anything too complicated. Red and Rover has tagged Marje and Gracie for me so maybe she can work a miracle! He (or she?) said the spreadsheet looked okay so I don't know what's wrong with it. Thanks ever so much for replying, I really appreciate it:)

6. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I’ll send you a PM right now so I can get editing rights.

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.