Moving shot time?

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Barbara, Aug 30, 2020.

1. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

We have an event this coming weekend that we probably won’t be home from for her PM shot time. I vaguely remember a process to move shot time...maybe move it in 15 minute increments?

And to add to the chaos of this week she has a dental appointment on Thursday. I’ve got 5 cats so they are all going to a low cost surgery center. It’s about 1.5 hours away & I’ve waited 5 months to get on the schedule. I already contacted them & they don’t want me to feed her & bring a pre filled syringe with her insulin. Hmm....if I recall that’s not suggested. I’m planning on taking her insulin with me & when they take her in I guess I will draw up her usual dose. I wonder if they will even bother with looking if I print out her SS? They will be doing bloodwork so they said they will base giving her shot on that. I also have to bring her food. I’m also bring her meter so I can check on her for the ride back home. IF they don’t give her shot & she is high when I get her back should I shoot early or just wait till normal shot time.

All that being said I’m not sure how moving her shot time will play into all this! Any suggestions?

2. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Prozinc has about an hour's wiggle room. If you can management smaller increments though it would be better! Lantus had the 15 minute rule.

Legally vets are not allowed to use pre-filled syringes, since they don't actually know what's in them. If Petunia is getting a dental I believe they say no food the night before (water okay) and to either skip or give a half dose the day of. I would ask on the Health Forum to be absolutely sure.

I would think just wait until your regular time if they don't give insulin.

3. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

If your vet gives insulin, it could to really put your shooting times.

4. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

Thumper ended up on Lantis so that must be where I got that from!
    Interesting on the vet’s I wonder if that’s a law in every state cause that’s sure what they insisted I do! I even told the person I did it think you were supposed to pre fill syringes!