Mouse low, not sure how to proceed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Polgeria, Sep 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Polgeria

Polgeria Member

Hi All,
    I dropped Mouse to 0.75 Lantus today, and over all she seems to be good. She had a low PMPS, I asked in the Lantus group how to proceed, didn't get a good response within the time frame to make good informed decision, so I went with the overwhelming advice I had gotten over the weekend from everyone about not messing with the funky doses and skipping doses and gave her the 0.75 dose, after waiting an hour for advice from them.

She's been sitting at 91 now for the last 3 hours. Do I continue to test her to see if the number rises or dips?

FYI: she's been eating really lightly today. Barely had 6oz of food. i did switch her over to the Chicken formula about halfway through the day, in case she was bored of the salmon. That seemed to perk her taste buds up some. But she did not beg for food. I've had to offer it to her, except for her morning meal.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I see a 101, that's good. Have she eaten much since PMPS? If not, you are good to go to bed if you've had a couple hours of flat or rising without influence of carbs.

Now that she's in better numbers, she's getting more nutrients out of her food and doesn't need to eat as much. My not quite 15lb girl maintained her weight on 5.5 oz, so 6 oz is good!

jt and trouble (GA) and Polgeria like this.
  3. Polgeria

Polgeria Member

She's been picking at her dinner slowly over the last couple of hours, just finished it off.

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.