GA Molly has passed after 3.5 wonderful years of remission

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by macal, Jun 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macal

macal Member

Hi, It's been a while since I've posted .....you have new software since Molly went into remission.

This is an update post to let those who remember Molly, know that she has passed away.
    I wanted to thank everyone here and in the Lantus forum for all of your help and advice over the years. Almost 4 years ago I came to this group, desperate and frightened and your advice and support helped save Molly's life. I must say thank you. She was an exceptionally wonderful companion. How many cats wake you up each morning by strumming guitar strings? I will miss her dearly.
    Over a year ago she was diagnosed with cancer. It was slow growing and she had good quality of life until the day of her passing when a breathing crisis took her.
    For those of you just starting this journey...there is hope. The effort of maintaining good blood sugar levels is worth it. Because of this group Molly made it to almost 15 yrs old, and I think because she was on a low carbohydrate diet the cancer grew much more slowly giving her (and me) more time. I am so grateful. She was a special girl.
    Thank you all again and I wish you all many many happy times with your little ones.
    Alanna

Tia's Mom likes this.
  2. Sev

Sev Well-Known Member

My condolences on your loss.
    It is wonderful that you had all that extra time.

3. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Tears of sadness & yet Joy that you had Molly lived 15 years.
    While I did not have the opportunity to know you or your lovely Molly we all are one big gigantic family.
    Fritz my kitty and I are fairly new to FD. Thank you for encouragement while we have just begun our journey. I can only pray that I do as well as caring for my kitty as you have for Molly.:cat:

4. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

I have been here less than a year and I too am so very grateful....
    I am so sorry for your loss of sweet Molly, how wonderful that you had extra time with her.
    Your encouragement is very hopeful for us "newbies" ..... My heart goes out to you and wishing you peace in the coming days.
    Fly free sweet Molly and land softly:bighug:cat_wings>o:bighug:

5. Blamethecats and Hannah

Blamethecats and Hannah Member

So sorry for your loss of Molly. What a blessing you were to each other. May memories of happy days together be with you always.
    IMG_0580 - Copy.JPG

6. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. How wonderful that you had the extra time with Molly! I know that's something we all pray for. Hold your special girl close in your heart and she will be with you forever. :bighug:

Fly free, beloved Molly cat_wings>o

7. LindyKindy

LindyKindy Member

I'm so sorry to hear about Molly. Hugs and prayers for peace of heart and mind for you all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.