Missy not interested in food and salvia drops neat her mouth.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Missy & Tammy, Jan 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Missy & Tammy

Missy & Tammy Well-Known Member

This morning Missy wasn't as interested in food as she normally is. She will usually want to eat an entire can of Fancy Feast Pate but this morning just a few licks and then wasn't interested. I managed to get her to take some dried chicken treats so I could safely give her insulin.

I am not sure what's going on. I noticed that I could hear salvia in her mouth. Normally I don't hear this. I can only really explain it as we would as humans open and close our mouth when we are tasting something. She was kind of doing that, as well I could see some drops of salvia collecting on the little whiskers by her mouth. It was not from water. I checked her an hour later and I still saw little droplets of salvia. Still no interest in food.

I have lost faith in my vet so I am considering taking her to the emergency vet that saw her when her ketones were high. This is also the vet that got her onto the Lantus. That vet was great. She is not in for several hours until this evening.

Do you have any advice you can give me with this. I also am thinking I would like to have a chest X-ray done as well as she's been doing some dry heaving usually once or twice a day. I posted a video of her doing this on the Facebook Group and many comments are coming back as possible asthma.

I tried to post ULR hyper link so you can all see my past conversations about Missy but I am sorry I don't see where to copy and paste this link from.

Thank you for any advice you can offer. Her spreadsheet is up to date.

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Previous thread:

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB...-10-264-pmps-316-1-385-2.241308/#post-2716975

Hi Tammy,

Is Missy showing any of these nausea symptoms? If yes, then a vet should be able to prescribe something to help with the symptoms to help her eat while they determine the cause of any nausea.

I think it's wise that you're planning to take her to see the vet today. There are many things that might cause a cat to salivate more than usual, nausea just being one of them, so I think it's wise that you're planning to take Missy to the vet today.

Mogs

3. Critter Mom

Open the thread you wish to link to in your browser, then go to the browser address bar for that page and copy/paste that link to the new thread you're posting on.

Mogs

4. Missy & Tammy

Missy & Tammy Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. She has not been vomiting or had any diarrhea. Just seems not as interested in food today. I haven't noticed the salvia on her mouth for a few hours now. On Dec 2, 2020 she had a full blood panel done and thats when we determined she was diabetic. The tests indicated that her kidneys were good. Her BUN and SDMA were both is good range.

I still plan on taking her in to emergency vet tonight when a certain vet is in. I trust this vet and do not trust her own vet anymore as he's now led me astray too many times.

She ate some food last night that had been sitting out for several hours. So I hope it didn't make her sick.

Thanks for your help!:)

Critter Mom likes this.
  5. Critter Mom

Let us know how you get on, Tammy. :bighug:

Mogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.