Missed Insulin Shot

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Chris Findell, Dec 5, 2023.

1. Chris Findell

Chris Findell New Member

This morning my cat’s AMPS number was lower than normal (116) and was trending lower so I elected to skip his insulin after feeding. His AMPS numbers for the past 4 days have been 190 to 311. I read on the ProZinc SLGS that if the preshot number is less than 150 then skipping the insulin shot was advisable. His numbers trended below 150 for approx. 3 hours but then got as high as the mid 350’s which is where it is now at +5 hours.

I haven’t shot at these lower numbers before so was worried I would send him into a hypo event. Turns out, I created a hyper event. My question is, did I make mistake by skipping his morning post food insulin shot? Should I return to his normal insulin dose at his PM feeding. His AM and PM dose is currently 3 units.

Thank you for your feedback.

2. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

Hi! I’m looking for a link to your spreadsheet so I can help.

3. Chris Findell

Chris Findell New Member

I’m sorry Darcy. I tried loading the spreadsheet and for some reason I can’t get it to link from my iPad. Will have to attempt from my desktop, but it will be a couple of days before I can get to it due to time conflicts right now.

4. Chris Findell

Chris Findell New Member

In the meantime, here is a snapshot from my Libre 3 app that show last few days. I know it’s not the format you want, but it’s the best I have right now to communicate with. Again, sorry.
    Note the break in data on Dec. 5. This is the morning I did not give insulin after morning feeding as numbers were trending low, then I lost sensor data so I didn’t know where Tommy was at and I could not get enough blood from Tommy to use my glucometer. All in all, not a good morning. Insulin was given at 7:30 pm so he went 24 hours between insulin shots. Insulin units reflected in all of these numbers is 3. Also note the large bounce overnight thru this morning.

upload_2023-12-6_8-5-19.png

Suzanne & Darcy likes this.
  5. Suzanne & Darcy

Suzanne & Darcy Well-Known Member

It’s okay. I’ve had a rough week with lots going on and cat surgeries as well. Weekend is also going to be crazy, but I will try to check in here.