Missed doses

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by EricaB, Jan 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EricaB

EricaB New Member

Hi. I suddenly had two fur shots in a row this morning and this evening. I expect I’ll be back on track tomorrow. Should I watch my cat for any specific signs overnight that might suggest she’s in trouble? I worry about everything! Until today she’s gone weeks without a missed dose and has been doing great.
    Thank you!!

2. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

• when you get a chance ,It would be helpful if you can set up your signature so we don't have to ask you the same questions over again. Members will look at this first . Members would have to look up your previous posts to see what insulin you are using
    • It appears after each post in gray, look at mine,

• On the left, under Settings, Click on Signature. This is where you will put information that helps us give you feedback.
      • There is a limit of two lines which may include two links; you may separate pieces with commas, dashes, | etc. This is where you paste the link for your spreadsheet, once it is set up.
      • Add any other text, such as
      • Caregiver & kitty's name (optional)
      • DX: Date
      • Name of Insulin
      • Name of your meter
      • Diet: "LC wet" or "dry food" or "combo"
      • Dosing: TR or SLGS or Custom (if applicable)
      • DKA or other recent health issue (if applicable)
      • Acro, IAA, or Cushings (if applicable)
      • Spreadsheet link. Please put the signature link on the bottom line of your signature information, on its own, so it is easy to find.
      • Please do not put any information about your location in the signature for security reasons. If you wish to add your country location, please add it to your profile.
    Be sure to click the 'Save Changes' button at the bottom. If you need help urgently it is important we know these things at a glance. We don’t want to waste valuable time finding out information.

tap on your avatar where it says your name ,then hit profile page ,tap on that ,then go up to the very top, upper right hand side and tap on your name ,it will bring down a drop box, tap on signature, the signature will be under settings, tap on the signature then and you can start to add what I posted above, make sure you hit save ,
    Welcome to the best place you could ever be and an awesome group of people
    You can also add where you live in your profile, not your signature

This is at the bottom of every ones post in grey

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Erica,
    Fur shots happen.
    However it would be an idea to check for ketones seeing there were two in a row.
    If you don’t have any ketostix you can buy them from a pharmacy or Walmart. It’s a simple urine test.
    Just check there are none forming. Probably be fine but better to be on the safe side
    I can’t see how high the BGs are.
    Do you have a spreadsheet?

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. Diane Tyler's Mom

5. Diane Tyler's Mom

https://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/

It would be helpful if you can set your spreadsheet for your kitty
    If you ever need help with dosing they need to see what is BG has been and how the insulin is working. If you have trouble setting it up just let us know, we have a wonderful member that can do it for you.

Also I'll post the link that explains how the spreadsheet works.
    It's at the end of every ones signature.
    Mine says Tyler's spreadsheet if you care to look :cat:

6. Diane Tyler's Mom

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.