Minnie’s BG, what else is new?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA), Aug 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA) Well-Known Member

Okay, so I’ve been upping the dose and trying to follow TR now so I can increase faster. I’d love it if someone could look at her ss. My main question is about bouncing. I know when she’s at the same level like 300’s all day she’s bouncing, but there were at least 2 days when her +6 was higher than her preshot - in the 400’s when her PSs were in the 300’s. I’d never seen that before. Is that also bouncing?

@Nan & Amber (GA) @Deb & Wink, I started a new thread just for ya! ;)@Panic

Other than that, behavior wise she’s been doing great. Last night was actually the first time since before neuropathy that she jumped on the bed at nighttime and slept in between my legs. Of course then I was too excited to actually fall asleep lol :D

Beauty shot of the day :)

E0B70087-4CE1-4824-870F-816C2E033E32.jpeg

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2020
  2. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww:bighug:

3. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Hmmm.... well, she's hitting blues on these recent doses, at least! To answer your question about bouncing, yes, probably she's bouncing on those days, but those numbers aren't very different when you consider meter variance at that level. I wouldn't worry too much about them being higher or lower when it's such a (relatively) small difference. It's hard to tell from the +6 if she's generally flat all day, or if there might have been some movement in there.

I'm wondering if she's one of those cats with an early or late nadir (which is most cats, to be honest-- they never like to follow the rules!). Is there any way you can switch around the times where you get tests in the middle of the day? Might be missing some lower numbers in there.

She is such a beauty!

4. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Awwww thanks! I have to agree but I’m very partial ha! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

So I try to test her at 1:30 or 2 or sometimes 2:30 and that ends up being +6 and +7. Do you mean a lot earlier or later like +4 or +8? Her next vet appt is Tuesday at 12:30 so I was going to test her at noon which is about +4.5. I’ve done that a few times and not seen a difference but I don’t do it all the time. I do however, never test her past +7

do you think I should go up to 4.25 tomorrow?

5. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Awww lookit that face!! Just wanna squish it! :cat:

Judging from her PM tests it almost looks like her onset isn't until +3? I'd be curious about what a +3 looks like in AM. Maybe a +3, +5, +7? Maybe even a +9 if Nan's idea that maybe she nadir's late is true. :bookworm:
    I would think she'd be due for an increase if you're switching to TR?

6. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

Okay I’ll switch it up more this week.

I know she is, I just hate getting up there again when we were all the way down at 2.5 :arghh::arghh::arghh: but I hear ya. Increasing again manana!

7. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

I knowww, go down again Minnie please!!

8. jt and trouble (GA)

Sending positive vibes and cheers, throwing in some prayers too ;)

9. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

That dose increase was needed Ale.

Being able to jump up, means the neuropathy is better! For sure and certain. I remember that feeling, when Wink's neuropathy got better, and he could jump up on a little stool. Being able to jump the 4 feet to the bed took longer, but when he starting eyeing jumps to the top of the 6 foot bookcases, I knew we had it licked.

10. Panic

Panic Well-Known Member

Panic never had neuropathy, just muscle weakness, but that feeling of victory seeing them jump up somewhere they hadn't been able to in months - ahh so giddy! The things we take for granted. :rolleyes:

11. LoveforTucker

LoveforTucker Member

She's so prettyyyyy!!! Squeee!! I just love those cuddle times!

12. jt and trouble (GA)

Squeeeeeeeeee? Eagle watcher? I am swfec, two harbors, DNN...too many.

13. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

She’s been able to jump up and down on everything for months now and jumping on the bed to wake me up in the morning, but just decided she didn’t want to sleep with me anymore. Almost like she got used to all those months being at floor level on the dog beds. Anyway, she did the same thing last night so maybe she’s getting in the habit finally again! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

100%. Even pee and poop in the litter box. I was never happier to see or smell poop like the first time I saw her being able to poop correctly standing on her back paws again :D

15. jt and trouble (GA)

16. Dusty & Roe

Dusty & Roe Member

Elizabeth you want to squish Minnies face LMAO only kisses

17. Dusty & Roe

Dusty & Roe Member

Ale is my Niece being a good kitty ? Look how Beautiful she is . Kisses for Minnie

18. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Ale Oh that wonderful aroma that makes us happy when we see them go.:bighug::cat:

19. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

She’s doing great. So great in fact that now she started running away from me when I come towards her with a syringe or 2 in my hand :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:
    She’s at the vet right not for another checkup and I’m hoping for a clean bill of health! :bighug:

20. jt and trouble (GA)

I'm hoping and praying Ale!

21. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

We’re finally under 300, 227 amps and 94 @+7!!!

While the vet checkup results weren’t ideal, it looks like we have our new ideal dose and I’m so happy I could cry! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

22. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

All right Minnie you go girl.
    Ale I'm so happy for you and Minnie, loving that 94, I know you must have been jumping for joy.Let's keep it going Minnie girl, you have made your momma so happy .:bighug::cat:

23. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

Whoa Ho! Way to go Minnie on that 94 BG at +7. Freaking awesome!!!!

24. Ale & Bobo & Minnie (GA)

I’m ready for a bounce, but I’ll take it! :smuggrin:

25. jt and trouble (GA)

AND we will bounce along with you and Minnie. Wow 92 so it IS possible.GO MINNIE GOOOO!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.