? Mimi 10/20- AMPS 129 +2 111 +7 56 fed MC +8 83 PMPS-is 64 too low to shoot? It’s 50 and below right?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mimis mom, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What dose did you shoot this morning? I doubt it's 8:30 as per the spreadsheet. With TR, you don't shoot if below 50. What you shoot above that depends on your ability to monitor.

3. Mimis mom

sorry I wrote that weird

it was 2.75 at 8:30 129 was the BG

I dontknow how to tell when mimi hits nadir- it seems normal like the middle of the cycle but then something like this happens and I wonder if her nadir is later. can it change from cycle to cycle or does it usually stay the same?

4. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

The nadir is not a fixed point. It can move around.

5. Mimis mom

then how do I know if its her nadir? the 83 at +8 was after i fed her some MC and went back to work.

I still haven't shot yet- shes not meowing at me for food so Im trying to wait and see if it rises on its on? if it does is it possible this was a nadir?

@Sienne and Gabby (GA)
    you said your cat would nadir at like +3 - but that would be every cycle?

6. Mimis mom

well she won't continue to drop right? Because the insulin is wearing off? Or is this when the depot comes in and it could keep her too low.

7. Mimis mom

now its 71, should I shoot? I think Ill shoot if I dont get a response in the next 5 minutes

8. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Honestly? I don't have a crystal ball. There is no way to predict what Mimi will do. You have to be able to monitor and have the supplies you would need if it's an active cycle. If you can't do those things, you should shoot a low number.

9. Mimis mom

k Ill shoot her

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Mimi had a 56 at +7, that was her nadir or lowest point. The lower numbers now are probably a Lantus double dip, when they do a small curve downwards at the end of the cycle, but not as low as the main nadir.

Mimis mom likes this.