Microdosing ProZinc, looking for some guidance on lower no-shoot

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Peacock, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Peacock

Peacock Member

(posting on both ProZinc and Main Health)

Most of the threads on microdosing protocol seem to be for Lantus which is supposed to be longer lasting, so I don't want to assume the same guidelines apply to ProZinc.

TIA to anyone who is able to take a look at Peacock's numbers and give feedback.

I switched to a human meter in early June to be able to afford to keep closer track of her numbers, so be aware any numbers from before that are on a pet meter. Based on the human meter numbers from June, I have been dropping her dose in very small increments in an attempt to be able to keep her on a consistent dose. I had settled into 0.1 as a good dose, where she was managed but not at much risk of hypo, with a target nadir of 80-90, and with 125 as my bottom limit on shooting insulin.

Peacock has only gotten 3 shots in the last 6 cycles (2 no-shoots, 1 accidental oversleep) so I cut her dose again to .05 this morning. Now is she cruising along in greens and looks like she may be too low again in a few hours at pmps time. I am wondering if I should drop her no-shoot number down to around 110? That feels a bit reckless, but so does missing doses.

Yesterday I woke up 3 hours past shot time and she was at 192, but I didn't want to shoot late so she did not get insulin, and then 4 hours later she was down to 96, a 50% drop, on her own. Encouraging, but scary because if she did that on her own I am more concerned about being extra careful with dosing her. She obviously still needs some help though.