Lunch Meat?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Hope and Aria, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hope and Aria

Hope and Aria Member

I have a quick question. We rarely buy lunch meat (honey ham or honey roasted turkey kind of stuff) but it's truly Ari and Gira's favorite thing in the world, so we always let them have a few small bites. I never thought about it before, but since it is partially processed, should I not be giving it to Ari? The one we have does contain honey and we didn't think twice about giving her a bite. 90% of the time, I don't buy processed lunch meat, we just use regular chicken or turkey, so it's not an all the time thing. Just curious. She gets so excited when we are making a sandwich, she acts just like she did when she was a kitten. When she first got her dx for FD, the vet told us that lunch meat was fine, but now I'm not so sure.

This may have something to do with the very black number this morning (but a VERY happy cat)

2. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

The only time my husband gets to have all the cats around him is when he's snacking on some deli meat, so for his sake I buy plain turkey breast or chicken from the deli. I don't think it's ever affected the BGs. He doesn't give them too much, but he does love to have all that attention :)

3. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

hahahaha, must be the rattling of the bags the meat is in because all you have to do in my house is take the meat out of the fridge and you got three cats and a drooler lickidy split...right there in your face!! They all LOVE it and it is a special treat for them all. We make sure that we buy Plain turkey breast, not honey roasted so that they can all have a little piece...and it is little. Sometimes they get a smidgen of ham or cheese, but just a smidgen.
    I haven't seen any difference in Spot's numbers because of the deli meat. Oh, btw, for a special treat, I give Spot some non-dairy coffee creamer (maybe once or twice a month), when he's looking so lovingly at the cerial dishes. It has no carbs and less than 1% sugars, so it's not as bad as regular milk or cream.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.